A trip to Sams

Reflect shifts, slowly sitting up. he looks at Ironhide sleepily.

"you're staring." Reflect mumbles. Ironhide shakes his thoughts away.

"hmm?" he ask.

"you're staring and thinking too hard. it woke me up." Reflect mutters.

"sorry." Ironhide frowns, walking over to him. "I didn't mean to wake you up." Ironhide murmurs.

"its like, 4PM. I don't need to sleep all day." Reflect mutters.

"but no one would blame you if you did." Ironhide assures. "lets go get you a cube." Ironhide murmurs. Reflect nods getting up.

they head out to the rec room quietly. Reflect isn't awake enough for a full conversation and Ironhide too lost in thoughts to speak. the moment they walk into the rec room, Sam runs over to them.

"hey Reflect!" Sam grins, waving at him. Reflect blinks and looks down.

"I'll get you a cube." Ironhide murmurs. Reflect nods, kneeling down.

"whats up Sam?" Reflect asks.

"Epps said you finally gave Charlotte Mearing an ass whooping." Sam grins at him. Reflect half smiles at him.

"sort of." Reflect says. "she pissed me off and I had to leave." Reflect frowns. Sam nods a little.

"well, at least you gave it to her." Sam grins. "bout time someone on this base put her in place." Sam smiles. Reflect chuckles softly, standing up when Ironhide walks back over.

"oh yeah he yelled at her then left. Prime had fun cleaning that up." Ironhide mutters. Reflect snorts at him, taking his cube happily.

"hey, how busy are you today?" Sam ask.

"m'not." Reflect shrugs.

"can I get you to take me to my house? not for long, Bee's on patrol and I forgot my backpack. I've got an essay due tomorrow." Sam says, hesitantly. Reflect nods.

"yeah totally. give me like 20 minutes." Reflect says. Sam nods, looking relieved.

"thanks!" Sam grins, running off.

"you're not supposed to leave the base." Ironhide frowns.

"geez what am I? a sparkling? I don't need my previous caretakers telling me not to leave the base." Reflect snorts.

"no you're not a sparkling, you're carrying a sparkling." Ironhide frowns.

"if you're worried, just come with us." Reflect snorts.

"I will be." Ironhide frowns.

"then whats the problem grumpy?" Reflect snorts.

"the 'problem' is, you're carrying. its advised not to drive around too much. it can cause, what humans refer to as, engine stalling. it won't hurt you or anything, you'll just not be able to drive." Ironhide explains.

"oh... is it dangerous?" Reflect asks.

"no. I remember watching Ratchet tow Wheeljack home at least twice a day." Ironhide snorts.

"then I don't understand the problem Hide." Reflect frowns.

"the problem is, if you stall out, I'll have to tow you home so Ratchet can fix you." Ironhide frowns.

"well... I guess I coul stay behind if you wanted to take Sam." Reflect says.

"no I don't mind towing you. I won't force you to stay on base, nor will I let anyone else force you to stay on base. I'm just letting you know." Ironhide murmurs. "I would have a chat with Ratchet though, just to make sure it won't hurt either of you." Ironhide adds. Reflect nods.