Swapping teams

Ironhide looks down at the sparkling in his arm when she shifts, chirping quietly in her sleep.

"sweet little sparkling." Ironhide says softly, nuzzling her gently. she chirps again quietly, purring softly. he watches her, before looking over at his bonded and second sparkling. "y'know little one, when the war started, I never thought I'd get to have a family. I never really wanted one either." Ironhide sighs, sitting back down carefully. he puts the box he was given on the floor and cradles the little sparkling in both servos, carefully rubbing her little cheeks with his thumbs. he gives a small smile, glancing up at his bonded. "but then I met your carrier and he changed everything little one. once he was just a stupid human, then he was a stupid human soldier... then he was a soldier. a stupid human soldier Optimus made me a guardian of. I'm not sure how we went from strangers to guardian and charge to friends... to... well, this." Ironhide murmurs, motioning around. he knows the little sparkling can't see it, but it doesn't stop him.

"Ironhide."

"Prime?"

"Barricade is back."

"I'll be right out."

"come on sweetspark, duty calls." Ironhide murmurs, standing back up. "you're not even a day old yet and duty calls." Ironhide chuckles softly, heading out of the room. she chirps softly in her sleep.

he kisses the little sparklings head, shifting her to the crook of his arm.

"my sweet little sparkling." Ironhide murmurs softly, rubbing her cheek gently. the sparkling purrs happily, but doesn't wake.

Ironhide makes his way out of the base to find Barricade standing anxiously outside. Optimus is waiting with him. the Con is beat up pretty good and there is energon pouring from his chest, where Ironhide knows the mechs subspace is.

"Prime, Barricade, whats this about?" Ironhide ask, glancing over him.

"I called you because I couldn't get Reflect. I assume he's in recharge." Optimus frowns.

"alright...?" Ironhide ask, confused. he shifts the sparkling, immediately gaining Barricades attention. his optics are drawn to the sparkling. "so whats this about?" Ironhide ask.

"me, needing help." Barricade mutters. Ironhide raises an optic ridge. Barricade glares, looking away. "Frenzy is in need of medical attention, I am... not in good condition either. it got out I was coming to see the sparklings and that I saved them instead of saving Ravage. I am... conceding. I'll take Reflects deal if its still on the table. I'll swap sides and fight for the Autobots, but only if your medic will help Frenzy. he has to help Frenzy. " Barricade says firmly, finally meeting Ironhides gaze. his words shock both the Prime and the Weapons specialist. "but I don't have time to delay. Frenzy is in urgent need of care." Barricade adds.

"what do you need me for?" Ironhide ask, glancing at Optimus.

"you're Reflects bondmate and Reflect is asleep. untraditional, I know, but your input will count as Reflects vote." Optimus assures. Ironhide nods immediately.

"fine, then because I know what Reflect would do in this situation, I have to say yes. come on. I can see energon leaking out of your subspace. if you want Ratchet to save Frenzy we should move fast." Ironhide says, heading inside. he misses the almost relieved look on Barricades face as he quickly follows after. he doesn't say anything about it, staying silent.

"you said yes. I'm surprised. even if that is what Reflect would do." Barricade says, following after him as quickly as he can. Ironhide grunts.

"my vote counts as Reflects. if I said no and it got back to him, he'd be pissed. besides, he's been trying to get you on our team since he was found by you as a sparkling. this is important to him for some reason, Primus only knows why. I wouldn't betray him like that. Reflect is my bondmate, I wouldn't hurt him like that. he trusts me to make choices he's not awake for." Ironhide says. he shifts his sparkling when she whines, immediately turning his gaze to her. "besides, I may not like you, but you saved not only my bondmate, but my sparklings. I owe you one." Ironhide adds, watching the little femme. "they would not be alive if you hadn't gone after Reflect instead of Ravage." Ironhide murmurs, rubbing the little sparklings cheek gently.