Growing up slowly

Reflect carries the sparklings into the rec room, gently sitting them on the floor. Echo and Remix giggle happily, sitting up on their own was something they'd managed to do weeks ago.

"okay you two. its about time you guys started getting around on your own." Reflect murmurs, chuckling at them. the sparklings turned 2 months old today and Reflect is ready to let his tiny little sparklings grow up, just a little. he sits down on the ground and watches his sparklings.

"you finally letting them learn how to crawl?" Bumblebee chirps, walking over with a grin.

"well, we've been trying for a while. for about 2 weeks. we've been encouraging them but I wasn't worried about it until the other day. I over heard Ironhide talking to Ratchet about it, they both seemed a little worried. I didn't realize sparklings were supposed to be crawling by now, I feel like I'm letting them down." Reflect mutters. "Ironhide was worried and Ratchet said they'd figure it out if they were on the floor more, so I'm leaving them on the floor, though he did say Echo could take longer because she's blind." Reflect frowns. Bumblebee nods, sitting the floor. he crosses his legs and grins, pulling Sam off his shoulder.

"don't let them fall on you." Bumblebee murmurs, gently placing Sam on his knee. Bumblebee ruffles Sams hair gently.

"I won't. being crushed is not what I want." Sam snorts. Reflect chuckles. "hey, Echo's optics are... pink." Sam says looking confused. Reflect huffs annoyed.

"yeah. so these allow her to see soundwaves and when she gets too close to the wall, she can see an outline of the walls and doorways in pink." Reflect says.

"how do you know?" Sam asks curiously.

"Wheeljack makes Ratchet put these in him. then Wheeljack walks around with them in for three days until he decides they work and are in fact, safe for my sparkling. he put them in yesterday." Reflect says. Sam nods. "oh!" Reflect grins, leaning forward. Remix has gotten on his servos and knees, squealing happily.

"oh look at that." Sam smiles.

"you okay Reflect?" Bumblebee asks. Reflect looks away for a moment, then, turns to Bumblebee.

"this is the first kid I've gotten to see crawl. I was there for Annies first steps but Ironhide and I were in another country when she started crawling." Reflect murmurs. Bumblebee nods a little, smiling slightly.

you better get to the rec room, I think Remix is gonna start crawling.

Ironhide doesn't answer, but does appear in the doorway of the rec room barely two minutes later. he walks over to them and sits beside Reflect.

"I remember sparkling watching when Bumblebee was a sparkling." Ironhide snorts. Bumblebee grins, doorwings fluttering in amusement. "alright little one, come on you can do it." Ironhide murmurs. Remix giggles rocking back and forth on his servos and knees. he rocks forward a bit too hard and lands on his face with a wail.

"oh that didn't hurt. Jazz dropped you three days ago and you laughed it off." Reflect huffs, putting the sparkling back onto his servos and knees.

"Jazz dropped him?" Sam ask, confused.

"yeah." Reflect glares.

"that would be why you haven't seen him. he's in the medbay. Reflect managed to shove 3 of Jazz' fingers down Jazz' intake asfter ripping them from his servo, before Optimus and Ratchet managed to pry him off." Ironhide snorts.

"where were you when this happened?" Sam asks, confused.

"picking Remix up off the floor, along with Optimus' friggin' jaw. he was shocked." Ironhide smirks, patting Remix' head gently. the sparkling chirps and sits back on his aft. he reaches up and grabs hold of Ironhides finger, pulling his creators servo off his head with a chastising click.