Learning a new skill

its been three weeks since the sparklings were sparked, and the little sparklings were happier than any other sparkling they'd ever met.

Reflects sitting in the rec room, both sparklings laying on their backs on the floor, on a large blanket. Reflect had insisted his sparklings were not to lay directly on the floor. most of the Autobots hadn't understood, but Ironhide had clarified. he remembered seeing Annie lay on her stomach in the grass once. the little girl had picked up a bug and eaten it. he didn't want the sparklings to eat something off the ground and get hurt.

so the sparklings are happily laying on their bellies, Reflect keeping a careful optic on them while sipping his cube.

"don't pull on your brothers armor Echo." Reflect warns. Echo giggles to herself, babbling quietly.

where are you three?

rec room. sparks are in the floor. you getting off patrol?

yep. on my way in.

alright see you in a few.

Reflect smiles a little to himself, looking down at the sparklings.

"your creator is heading back in." Reflect smiles. Remix chirps happily. Reflect immediately sits up and scoops up Echo excitedly.

Hide!

Reflect?

she rolled over!

huh?

Echo, she rolled over!

like for the first time? she rolled over herself?

yes!

I'm proud of her.

"you're not allowed to grow up so fast." Reflect huffs, nuzzling the little sparkling. he cuddles Echo happily, kissing her head. "my sweet little sparkling sitting up and rolling over all on her own." Reflect pouts. Echo squeals and giggles happily. Ironhide appears in the doorway, walking over quickly.

"hey there's the squirt." Ironhide grins, swooping up his daughter happily. Reflect chuckles and looks down, grinning. he scoops up Remix.

"hi there, I saw you roll over too." Reflect assures, kissing the little mechlings head.

"can't let Echo win the race too long." Ironhide snorts, leaning over and kisses Remix's head gently. "we don't forget you." Ironhide assures gently.

"you in the rec room with the squeakers?"

"yeah, they rolled over. we're really proud."

"I'll be right there."

"Wheeljacks on his way." Reflect murmurs.

"whats he want?" Ironhide ask.

"didn't say." Reflect shrugs.

"hey!" Wheeljack calls, rushing over. Ironhide and Reflect look over, confused.

"uh... Jack...? wh-why are your optics green?" Reflect ask.

"oh, I made new optics for Echo and I wasn't gonna have Ratchet put them in her without me testing them first. see, I can't see perse, but when you speak, I can see the soundwaves, and because I know who is talking to me, it says a name above it. like when you spoke just now it told me you were Reflect, well, okay is says 'carrier' because they're built for Echo, but I knew who it was." Wheeljack says. "so like, I can hear Jazz and Bumblebee talking over there and if I turn to face them, I'll 'see' their soudnwaves with names above them. obviously since she can't read, I've worked them to be certain colors until she learns how to read. like you're a light gray and Ironhide is a dark gray, since the room is black. Ratchets is red and white, kinda candy cane striped. Bumblebee's is bright yellow, Jazz' is silver. mines green, white, and red also kinda candy cane striped. it'll help." Wheeljack assures.