Chapter 16: Mom?

Seraphina walked down the street, sporting her now dry jeans and Paul's oversized shirt he shoved on her to keep her warm

She had went to the Clearwater's to offer her condolences before letting the family mourn in peace.

She sighed as Bella's house came into view, her and Jacob had pulled in the same time Seraphina walked up.

She suddenly stopped walking, once she felt warmth going her body, that kind of warmth she felt only with her parents.

Her eyes trailed to a familiar car sitting outside and her brows furrowed, as she jogged up to the passenger side of Bella's truck and banged on the window.

The two occupants inside jumped, giving the girl a glare.

Bella tried to open the door, but Jacob caught a whiff of what Seraphina was trying to tell them.

"Wait!" he growled, closing the door before Bella could exit, he looked towards Seraphina and the girl was already heading up to Bella's front door to check it out.

"There's a vampire." he informed, watching Bella's eyes widen as she turned her head.

Bella caught sight of the same car Seraphina did and she jumped.

"That's Carlisle's car!" she reached for the door again "They're here."

She slid out of her truck and beelined to Seraphina, who was standing at the door nervously.

"Bella, it's a trick! Stop! You gotta come with me!" Jacob begged, catching up to the girl and grabbing her arm.

Bella whipped around towards the boy "They won't hurt me!" she insisted.

"If a Cullen is back here, this is their territory. Treaty says we can only defend on our own land. I can't protect you here!" he tried to get her to see reason.

Seraphina looked at him with furrow brows "Jake my family would never hurt her. You do understand that right?" She asked him, but the wolf ignored her and kept his eyes on Bella.

"Okay." Bella retorted "That's okay. You don't have to. I have Ina if anything happens."

Jacob could feel his temper rising "You're about to cross a line!" he growled.

"Then don't draw one." Bella begged, looking behind her before glancing back at him "Please?"

She turned away from the teen wolf and met Seraphina at the door, standing behind the Nymph as she entered the house.

Seraphina listened, not hearing anything, but the warm sensation was getting stronger.

She grabbed Bella's hand and pulled her towards the source, ready to defend her if anyone popped out unexpectedly.

They turned the corner and Bella gasped, and Seraphina froze at the sight of her mother, Alice Cullen.

Alice stared at the two girls in front of her, the human girl that was supposed to be dead and her daughter.