Chapter 47: Its time to fight! No more running!

The Cullens had opened their home to eighteen different vampires, many with gifts of their own

Zafrina had power over the mind, she could make anyone see what she wanted them to.

Seraphina felt like she was transported into the Amazon...

She could hear the tropical birds chirping.

She could smell the humidity and she could see the different animals curiously peeking out from behind the trees.

Edward lightly chuckled from his spot beside Bella "If you weren't holding my hand right now, I could swear this was real."

Seraphina chuckled at his words as she freely wandered around the yard, she probably looked insane but she didn't care.

"Zafrina, this is amazing... I swear this is real."

The Nymph was looking around with a smile on her face.

Bella glanced between her husband and her best friend like they were crazy "I don't see anything."

And she really didn't.

Bella didn't see whatever amazing scene Seraphina and Edward were seeing.

She didn't see the beautiful Amazon Jungle, all she saw was the normal and basic backyard.

"Edward, you didn't tell me your wife is a shield." Eleazar told him.

Bella looked from Eleazar to his husband "What's a shield?"

Edward smiled down at his wife suddenly understanding everything "The ones I've met are so different."

"It's a defensive talent." Eleazar explained her.

"It's why I couldn't read your mind, even before, it's why Aro couldn't."

"You have a very powerful gift." Eleazar added and suddenly Kate lurched forward grabbing Bella's hand but nothing happened.

"Oh yeah, she's a shield all right, shoulda put her on her ass." Kate told them with a smirk.

"Or your voltage has been exaggerated." Garrett spoke and Kate spun around on her heels holding up her hand.

"Maybe it only works on the weak."

She was practically daring Garrett to try and touch her hand, and he didn't back down from the challenge.

"Garrett I wouldn't!" Carlisle advised him, but he ignored him as he touched his finger to Kate's palm, and her power easily sent him to his knees with a pained groan.

"You are an amazing woman."

Seraphina laughed loudly at the foolish man.

"And you are a foolish man." Seraphina told him with a smirk on her face.