Chapter 48: Bella's shield

Everyone had shown courage, though they knew that Aro's army was moving against them

Everyone had shown courage, though they knew that Aro's army was moving against them... and soon they would face the dark gifts of Jane and worse the paralyzing vapor of her brother Alec, who could rob you of sight, sound, and touch...

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks."

Edward's voice rang throughout the living room as Emmett, Carlisle, Seraphina and Bella surrounded him.

"Jane and Alec will try to take me out first because I can anticipate their moves."

"Too bad we don't all have your shield." Garrett directed towards Bella.

Bella shook her head "Doesn't help me fight, though."

"No." Tanya agreed "but you could help the rest of us, if you could project it."

"What do you mean?" Bella quizzed, straightening herself at the new information.

"She means shield someone other than yourself." Seraphina clarified.

Bella gaped at her best friend "Is that possible?"

"Gifts can be developed." Carlisle confirmed "Over time."

Kate raised her hands for the other vampire to see "At first, mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body."

"How do you do it?" Bella quizzed, earning a surprised look from Kate.

The Denali let out a sigh causing Bella to grip her hand "Tell me."

  "You need to visualize it, see how it moves

"You need to visualize it, see how it moves."

Kate spoke up, beginning the lesson as she slowly circled around Bella, studying her tense posture.

"Visualize what color it is, now picture it expanding, will it to go beyond you."

Bella tried to focus on her shield, focusing on Kate's words, but she only managed to bring it up for a very split second.

"Hmm okay I think she needs something or rather someone to motivate her." Kate glanced at Edward, who let out a heavy sigh before slowly stepping forward.