Chapter 46: Gathering witnesses

After few hours of driving they pulled into the Denali's driveway

Jacob, Seraphina and Bella watched as Edward got out of the car to greet his relatives, who stood waiting for him as soon as they heard the car pull up.

Tanya was the first to speak, her tone slightly worried.

"Edward, is everything alright? Why didn't you tell us you were coming?"

"Is it Irina?" Kate asked as he approached "Have you heard from her?"

"Not directly." Edward answered, coming to a stop in front of them.

Eleazar was the one to notice Bella and Seraphina.

"Why your bride and Ina are waiting in the car?"

"And why have you brought a wolf with you?" Kate grumbled "I can smell him from here."

"My family's in danger." he informed them nervously "I need your help."

"What happened?" Carmen gasped, her hand instantly reaching for her mate's hand, as her concern grew.

Edward shook his head "It's hard to explain but I need you to be open-minded. Can you do that?"

"Of course." Tanya promised him softly.

Bella turned in her seat and faced her daughter.

"Okay." she spoke softly at her daughter "Time to meet some new people."

"What if they don't like me?" Renesmee asked her mother worried, as her hand latched into Seraphina's.

"They'll love you." Jacob assured her earning a nod from Seraphina.

"It's impossible not to." Seraphina soothed her "They just haven't met anyone like you before, but trust me, everything will be okay."

"Okay." Bella sighed before she exit the car, while the rest followed.

Bella turned towards Renesmee and gave her a smile, as soon as she stepped to the side letting the Denali's see her daughter they all gasped.

"The Volturi will come for all of us." Kate gasped as her and Tanya backed away.

"You get that thing out of here!" Tanya ordered.

Edward shook his head trying to defuse the situation before it got any worse.

"She's not what she looks like." he argued.

"This is a crime!" Tanya growled before lunging at Edward.

She was thrown into the snow before she could do any damage causing Kate to race forward.

Kate grabbed Edward's hand and forced her electricity throughout his body causing him to shake.

Bella handed Renesmee off to Seraphina, before racing towards her husband, harshly ripping Kate's hand off causing her to focus her gift on the newborn.