Chapter 49: Christmas pre-battle

The snow had started to fall and there was no signs of the Volturi

It had stuck an hour or so after it started falling and they were half way into Christmas Day.

Today would be spent with Charlie and Sue.

Tonight would be spent with Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie and Emmett plus the twenty seven other vampires residing in Carlisle's house.

Seraphina was currently stuck on Charlie's sofa.

She was laying basically on top of Paul, who had his arm across her stomach hugging her tightly.

Charlie's house looked incredible.

The big, fresh, tree in the corner, he had Christmas lights hanging all over around the house, decorations out on the coffee table and two stockings up on the fireplace.

Not to mention the lights he had hung up outside.

Just before Seraphina could actually doze off Charlie clapped his hands together.

"All right! Present time." He announced "Seth, Leah, stop eating. Jake you start. Get it going."

Jacob and Renesmee were on the floor opposite the couch and Jacob picked up a wrapped gift from under the tree and handed it to Renesmee.

"What did you get me?" Seth asked Leah from besides his imprint.

Leah scoffed and Paul and Seraphina turned their heads to watch them bicker.

"I'm not giving you anything." She said.

"Hey no, come on." Seth argued with his older sister "What did you get me?"

"Seth did you get Leah anything?" Bree asked her mate curiously.

The two Clearwaters turned towards her.

"No, I didn't." Seth replied.

"Well then." She told him, as she leaned forward and gave him a kiss "Stop complaining Leah didn't get you anything when you didn't get her anything."

"But it's not fair." He exasperated quietly.

"Dude." Paul stepped in "Just drop it."

Just then Bella and Edward came from the kitchen.

"Well, dad, we didn't have time to wrap yours, but here it is." Bella told Charlie, handing over an envelope.

Charlie sat down in the arm chair and opened it.

"It's a five day fishing trip to Fraser River. It's for you and Sue, the two of you leave tomorrow..."

"Wow, that's really nice." Charlie said appreciatively "Thank you... but tomorrow? I can't leave tomorrow."

Sue came to save the day, standing behind Bella and Edward as they sat down.

"I made arrangements for you at work." She told him.