Chapter 44: Immortal children

"Well done, Bella

"Well done, Bella." Jasper complimented her, as he, Bree, Emmet and Seraphina walked up to the steps after Charlie left "Never seen a newborn show that kind of restraint."

"Yeah I'm very impressed Bella. You beat the thirst, it's very impressive." Bree commented from beside Jasper.

"I'm not sure she is a newborn." Emmett teased "She's so... tame."

"Emmett, don't antagonize her." Edward laughed "She's the strongest one in the house."

Emmett let out another offended scoff "Please."

He cracked his knuckles with a shit eating grin.

Seraphina looked at her father with a smirk.

'This is going to be fun.'

Emmett carried the heavy boulder with no problem, slamming the rock in front of Bella and giving her a smirk

"Don't hurt yourself, Emmett." Edward teased, secretly cheering his wife on and hoping she'd knock his brother down a few notches.

"This is gonna be good." Seraphina whispered to her parents, making them chuckle.

Bella's dainty fingers wrapped around Emmett's hand that was easily twice the size of hers and they squeezed.

"Alright." Jasper called "On three!"

"One."

Emmett teasingly loosened his hold, fingers spreading before one by one they gripped Bella's hand.

"Two."

Bella's eyes narrowed in determination, adjusting her stance for a better hold she shot Emmett a grin.

"Three!"

Emmett let out a grunt as he pushed down, arm shaking with the force he was using, while Bella barely flinched.

Emmett's muscles tightened as he fought harder, vein sticking out of the side of his neck while small growls left his lips.

Bella let out a chuckle at the look he was giving her, red eyes staring at their hands and she began to actually push back.