Chapter 30: Battle

The next day came quickly, Bella exited her tent and met Seraphina standing next to one of the wolves

She let out a breath, "Hey Seth." she greeted the young boy.

He looked at the human and nodded his head saying hello.

Edward than walked up to his niece and mate.

He pulled Bella close giving her a kiss.

"Where's Jacob? Did he already..."

Seraphina cur her off "He's checking to see if the woods are clear before he goes."

Seraphin then turned towards the younger boy and nodded at him, he nodded before he run towards Jacob.

Bella turned towards the Nymph "How are you feeling Ina?"

Seraphina smiled at her "Better than ever Bells, don't worry."

Bella smiled at her before she turned towards her fiancé "I'm really sorry about last night. It couldn't have been easy on you."

Edward shook his head with a small smile "Definitely won't make my list of top ten favorite evenings."

"You have a list?" Bella asked him.

Seraphina walked off a bit away from the couple looking at the horizon.

She started thinking about this battle that it's going to happen soon, she thought about her family and the pack.

About her parents and Paul, she hoped that maybe they would work together on this and fight together.

If they do this together tonight everyone would go home alive.

And that what she wants.

She got out of her thoughts as she heard Jacob's voice filled with hurt and anger "Your marrying him?"

Bella looked shocked "Jake! I-I..." she stuttered.

She then turned to Edward angrily "You knew he was listening!"

"He deserves to know." He told her calmly.

Jacob scoffed and turned to walk away.

"Jake stop!" Bella yelled after him and went to chase after him, but Edward grabbed her arm.

"Bella don't..."

"Don't!" Bella shouted at him angrily, before pulling her arm away and running after Jacob.

Seraphina could see her uncle was reading Jacob's mind and by the hurt on his face she knew what happened.

Bella then awkwardly walked back towards them and talked with Edward, while Seraphina just stood there.

Seth then came out of the woods and walked toward Edward and Seraphina.

Edward looked at Seth closely and then at his niece and fiancée.