Chapter 27: Training with the pack

Emmett's body soared in the air for a few seconds, before he harshly smacked the ground for the 5th time in the last 10 minutes

He stood up, facing his siblings and Seraphina before growling at Jasper "Again!"

The Jeep pulled into the back, Edward and Bella exciting the vehicle and making their way towards the others.

They joined the family that was gathered, when the snapping of a twig causing them to look up.

Seraphina smiled, as the wolves came into view just over the hill and they looked absolutely lethal.

It gave her a little hope that maybe they could win this after all.

She nodded at Sam when he faced her, receiving one in return.

Her eyes then moved over to Sam's left and her eyes connected with Paul's.

He nodded at her and she smiled even wider at him.

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms." Edward spoke up looking at his father.

"They came." Carlisle stated "That's what matters. Will you translate?" Edward nodded. Carlisle approached the wolves "Welcome."

They eyed him but he continued, gesturing towards his son.

"Jasper has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them."

"They wanna know how the newborns differ from us?" Edward translated.

Carlisle nodded "They're a great deal stronger than us because their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life."

He looked to Jasper before letting him take the lead.

Jasper walked in front of the wolves.

"Carlisle's right. That's why they are created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army, but no human army could stand against them."

The wolves huffed at the information.

Jasper then looked towards his daughter nodding at her as she took his place.

"Now the two most important things to remember are... first: never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly. And second, never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that and you. will. lose" Seraphina told them with a serious face, as she looked at every single member from the pack, but her eyes lingered on Paul, Sam and Jacob.

Jasper turned away from the wolves and he turned towards his brother.

"Emmett!"

The two vampires stood across from each other, giving their opponent a smirk.

"Don't hold back." Jasper taunted him.

"Not in my nature." Emmett smirked at his brother.

Emmett's large body charged at his brother, ramming into his chest and forcing his body backwards.