Chapter 43: Charlie

The next day Seraphina and Paul were having breakfast together

Next to the couple on the table were sitting Emmet and Jasper, reading a paper, while behind the couple in front of the big window stood Jacob.

He was eating furiously his sandwich while watching his imprint with Rosalie outside.

"Jake will you finally relax a bit? Rose ain't going to do anything to Ness. Stop hovering so much." Seraphina told him annoyed how protective was towards her cousin.

Paul was also protective over Seraphina, but he gave some space to breath, this was just insane.

"Yeah, like Paul isn't overprotective of you?" Jacob asked sarcastically.

"I am." Paul answered as he took a bite from his sandwich "But, I give her some space to breath. Stop hovering so much over the baby, she is fine with blondie over there." He told his Alpha just as annoyed as his imprint.

Jacob went to said something, but he got cut off when the door opened and everyone turned to see Bella and Edward walking in.

"Wow. Done already?" Emmett asked them teasing them with a smirk on his face as he put his paper down.

Paul and Seraphina chuckled as they continued to eat their breakfast.

Bella ignored the big vampire and looked at the Nymph "Where's Renesmee?"

Seraphina opened her mouth to answer, but Jacob beat her to it.

"Blondie stole her." He answered as took another furious bite from his sandwich.

"Break a lot of stuff?" Emmett quizzed, throwing his arms up in mock surrender at Bella's glare.

Paul choked on his food and started coughing, Serpahina rubbed his back.

When he finally stopped coughing he looked at Bella and Edward with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah Bells. Break a lot of stuff?"

"Emmett. Paul." she grounded "No."

Paul and Emmet chuckled.

The group was startled as the phone rang, Seraphina's sad expression lingering as it continued to go unanswered while Bella looked towards it.

Bella took a hesitant step towards the phone, eyes traveling to Seraphina's sullen look and putting the pieces together "Is that Charlie?"

"He's been calling twice a day." Edward informed his wife.

Jacob nodded "He's in pretty rough shape."

"Eventually, we'll have to tell him you didn't make it" Carlisle sighed, folding his hands on the table in front of him.

Edward frowned at his wife's slouched form before speaking "He needs to mourn, Bella."

Bella was quiet for a few seconds before responding "Okay" she agreed "We'll do it tomorrow."