Prologue: Our Love...

When Chris told me about the events that led up to Kate getting killed, I was shocked. Not because Kate had been killed, but the news of who had been included in the drama. I had been adopted into the Argent family after an Alpha killed my mom and stepdad, and trained to become a Huntress shortly after. I had a stepmom and a little half-brother, but they didn't know about me. Tapping my foot, I put my headphones in as the plane took off and allowed my mind to drift back to the friend group I had in High school.

It was the first day of my supposed Freshman year and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I wouldn't have any friends because our family had just moved here from Austin, Texas. Hearing my stepdad, Lewis, clear his throat, I turned around to see him looking concerned. "You going to be alright Sky?" I just nodded my head and he sighed. "Alright, see you later."

I simply nodded my head again and waved as Lewis drove off. Sitting down on a bench, I decided that I'd rather wait outside than inside the noisy halls. The noise of the school building always got to me, usually making my ears hurt. Getting a book out, I found where I had left off this morning and started reading. I was barely done with that page when a girl sat down beside me. "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe." She read. "That's one of my favorites!"

Raising a brow, I marked my place and looked up to face her. "Really?" I asked, taking in her appearance. She had black hair, green eyes, and slightly pale skin. She wasn't skinny, but she wasn't fat either.

"Yeah totally!" The girl said. "My name is Laura Hale. What's yours?"

"Skylar Stone," I answered. "Some of my old friends used to call me Sky."

"Well then Sky, you and I are going to be best friends," Laura informed me. "By the way, love your outfit!"

"Thanks." I smiled. "Most of this is stuff that I picked out when I was half-asleep." I was wearing my hair in a single French braid, a black T-Shirt, a fringed beaded buckskin jacket, and jeans, with knee-high moccasins.

"Well, you're half-asleep self should be proud of herself!" The two of us laughed. "What's your schedule?" She asked, rewarded with me showing her it. Yesterday I had taken a tour of the school and grabbed my schedule so I wouldn't be totally lost on the first day. Having a sense of being lost was something I absolutely hated. Laura scanned the paper. "Okay, looks like our schedules are pretty similar." She commented while standing up. "Come on Sky, let's get to class."

*****(After Class)*****

Laura and I were pretty excited to find out that our lockers were beside each other. We weren't sure exactly how that was managed, since our last names weren't remotely close, but we decided to just roll with it. Currently, we were on the subject of how I was 15 years old but already had my driver's license, and was taking both Senior and Junior classes with no Freshman or Sophomore classes. "Okay, I know I've asked you a thousand times already, but please explain how you got ahead one more time!" Laura was almost begging me.

I sighed before starting. "Okay, one last time. When I was 13, I got really sick and couldn't go anywhere for about 9 months. The only options for fun were watching tv, sleeping, or doing school. I got bored of sleeping and watching tv, so I did a lot of schoolwork. I ended up doing the 8th, 9th, and 10th-grade work. So, I basically have about one year of school left then I'm going to college. Is that easier to understand?"

"Yeah." Laura nodded her head as we picked up our lunch trays. "Your IQ level must be higher than Einstein's. Are you okay sitting outside?" She asked. "Because we eat inside if you want to."