Chapter 6: Battlefield

Skylar POV:

I woke up in an unrecognizable motel room, naked in a bed with a man. Given he was good-looking, even drunk-me didn't sleep with ugly men. I hurriedly grabbed my clothes, keys, and phone, getting dressed before opening the door and spotting my motorcycle. Mounting it, I sped off in the search for a good breakfast place. For a week, I had been in a town about three hours away from Beacon Hills, mourning in my own way.

After finding a Waffle House, I ordered coffee and waffles and took a seat. Opening my phone, there were 4 missed calls from Allison, 2 from Gerard, 5 from Chris, 9 from Scott, 14 from Stiles, 2 from the Sheriff's Office, and 3 from an unknown number. Calling the unknown number first, I greedily drank the coffee to ward off my hangover. "Hello?" An unfamiliar man's voice answered.

"Yeah, you called me sometime last week...?" I trailed off.

"Ahh, Skylar." The man said.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"Pity, you don't remember your old friend." He sighed.

My mind took longer than normal to connect the dots before I realized who it was on the other side of this phone call. "How are you calling me, Peter? Personally, I've never been to hell, but I'm pretty sure that they don't have phones there." I asked, nodding my thanks to the waitress as she refilled my coffee cup.

"I guess you didn't hear." Peter discovered. "But by the sound of your voice, you bailed after finding out about your adopted sister-in-law, got drunk, and had a series of one-night-stands."

"Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner." I said tiredly. "Anything else you want?"

"I'm just curious if you're coming back." Peter informed nonchalantly.

"Do you really think I'd abandon my half-brother?" I retorted, raising a brow even though he couldn't see me.

"No, I guess not." Peter sighed, hanging up.

"Well goodbye to you too." I told the phone. Choosing to call Chris next, I took another gulp of coffee. "Hey Chris, what's up?"

"Gerard has twisted his way into Allison's mind and has now convinced her to start hunting. Really hunting." Chris answered, knowing that if I had called, I was okay and ready for the battle.

"What?!" I exclaimed, making some of the other customers glare at me. I smiled apologetically and focused back on the conversation. "How did he manage that?"

"He's convinced her that Derek was the reason Victoria died." Chris sighed.

"That's true," I pointed out. "But she was going to kill an innocent, Scott."

"Allison doesn't know that." Chris informed.

"How quaint." I sighed. "Well, I'll be back someday today."

"See you then." Chris said before hanging up. Next up, Scott.

"Hey, Scottie." I greeted, starting to eat my waffles.

"Where have you been?!" He exclaimed, very worried.

"I was dealing with Victoria's death in my own way. What's up?"

"Matt's dead, my mom knows about me and won't talk or even look at me, Stiles won't talk to me, Allison won't talk to me." Scott rambled out.

"Well, your life really is wrecked, huh?" I chuckled.

"Sky!" He groaned.

"Relax." I chided. "Currently, I'm nursing a hangover and eating waffles, thanks for asking." I said sarcastically. "What's the plan then?"