Chapter 18: More Bad Than Good

Skylar POV:

Sometimes I wished that I had stayed connected with my mom's grandparents, even if it was just to have access to their money. I know, it makes me sound like a bitch, but sometimes school just really got on my nerves. And it really got on my nerves when a coyote who showed signs of being a werecoyote somehow found its way into the school halls. But what was the main cause for me to flash my white eyes now was because Scott and Stiles had neglected to tell me about their side investigation (which I had found out from Allison), although it was helping in making sure that the coyote stayed away from Kira.

How had I ended up here you ask? Simple, I was walking down the hallway to go talk to Allison about some trails that she was asking about (something about tracing the coyote trail that Scott and Stiles had asked her for help with) when I noticed the broken glass on the door to the boy's locker room. Curious, my instincts suddenly went hunter-sharp when I noticed the rancid smell of coyotes. However, this werecoyote wasn't very bashful, and I didn't want to scare Kira even more by showing my Ice Dragon abilities. So instead, I just let out a 'help' cemosignal in hopes that Scott would notice.

"What is it doing in here?" Kira whispered. "I thought coyotes were scared of humans!"

"They normally are." I hummed, cocking my head as I noticed Scott was getting closer. He got through the door quietly, instantly jumping into action. Pushing against the lockers, he made them collapse, making the werecoyote flee. "She was after that doll." I observed, nodding towards his backpack.

"Great." Scott mumbled.

"You better get out of here." I informed Kira. "We'll take care of this."

"Okay." Kira frowned but complied, grabbing her backpack and leaving us alone.

"Sky, I know your angry-" Scott started.

"Scott, I have to deal with Chris going off by his lonesome, you and your little pack, Derek and Peter disappearing randomly, and try to do my job. It would help if you told me when you and Stiles started to track down a werewcoyote." I stated.

"I know, and I'm sorry, okay?" Scott sighed. "It's just...I wanted to help Stiles's dad out, especially since our dad-" He stopped himself from continuing, but it was too late.

"Our dad what?" I turned and asked, my full attention on my little brother.

"Nothing, I shouldn't've said anything." Scott shook his head.

"But you did." I narrowed my eyes. "Scott, I am on a very short reign today, so I'm only going to ask this one more time. Our dad what?"

*****(Later)*****

"You're seriously here just to try to get the Sheriff fired?" I exclaimed as I walked into the Police Station, knowing that everyone already knew what was going on due to the glares my dad was getting. "What the fuck?"

"I could at least get a good morning." Rafael breathed out heavily, looking up at me with a tired look.

"Good morning. How are you doing today?" I smiled sickly sweet, my tone coated in fake kindness before I dropped the act. "Right, I don't care. Who do you think you are, coming into this town just to continue to ruin your relationship with your son and try to get the Sheriff fired?"

"And who do you think you are, coming in here and yelling at a federal agent?" Rafael asked.

"I'm someone who knows more about all of this stuff than probably half this department does." I murmured, my tone deadly. "I'm someone who has ties to the Hales, I'm someone who people know they can rely on. I'm someone who is more than ten times the person you'll ever be."