Chapter 8: Fireflies

Third Person POV:

"Alright, what happened?" Chris asked, taking the groceries from his little sister. "Allison hasn't mentioned you at all, and she usually is excited when she comes back from a trip with you."

"We got into a fight." Skylar answered, leaning against the car. "Let's just say that we're not on the best of terms." She sighed, frowning as a bag rolled out of the car. "Seriously? The one with the eggs?" Sensing someone behind her, she drew a gun and spun on her heel all in one motion.

"Uh...hi?" Scott tried, startled by the sight of his older half-sister aiming a gun at him.

"Idiot." Sky remarked, putting her gun down and rolling her eyes as Chris's stayed raised. "What's up?"

"We need your help to corral two werewolves--Derek's younger sister and Boyd." Scott explained.

"First of all, why would I care about anyone related to Derek?" Chris scoffed. "And second, I don't know this kid, Boyd...I don't even know his last name."

"Boyd is his last name." Scott explained.

"...What's his first name?" Sky asked, earning a deadpan from Scott to which she shrugged. Wasn't her fault she couldn't care less about Derek's pack.

"Vernon." Scott answered. Chris and Sky shrugged, still not caring.

"And, just curious...is there a reason the gun is still pointed at me?" Scott asked Chris.

"Well, there's probably still some part of me that wants to shoot you..." Chris sighed.

"I get that." Scott nodded.

"Scott, I watched my father brainwash my daughter...almost turn her into a killer. That world--your world--decimated mine. My wife, sister, father, my entire family. Why would I ever step foot in it again?" Chris questioned, putting the gun down and laying a hand on Sky's shoulder.

"Because people are going to die. And because you know how to catch Boyd and Cora without killing them." Scott stated.

"I'm sorry. I can't help you." Chris said grimly. Scott nodded and turned to face his older sister.

"Scott," Sky started with a sigh, "I came here to rest, not catch rogue werewolves. I'm sorry..." She ended with a shrug.

"Um...Do you think you could do me, like, one little, tiny favor...?" Scott asked sheepishly.

*****(Beacon Hills Pool)*****

"Left or straight?" Sky asked, glancing at the rearview mirror to look at Scott who was located in the backseat.

"Left. Sorry, it's right around the corner--that parking lot there." Scott directed. "Yeah, just a little further up, right there." Sky parked and her eyes widened as she watched a body get carried out. "Thanks again for the ride..." Scott trailed off, starting to get out of the car. He was stopped by Chris locking the doors, keeping him from opening the door.

"They did this? Boyd and..." Chris started.

"Cora." Scott supplied. Chris and Sky exchanged glances, conversing silently as Scott waited patiently.

"Where's the last place you saw them?" Sky asked, with Chris turning to look at the young werewolf.

*****(Beacon Hills Preserve)*****

"You're tracking them by print?" Chris asked the group of werewolves amusingly.

"Trying to..." Scott shrugged.