Chapter 20: Illuminated

Skylar POV:

"So, when did you get there?" I started rubbing my temples at the repeated question by my lovely father, just wanting to get some sleep. Unfortunately, I was stuck in the Sheriff's office with Rafael, the Sheriff himself, Stiles, Scott, Lydia, and Kira. And because I was sleepy and had no want or need to speak to anyone, I was letting Stiles and Scott take the lead on this one.

"At the same time." Stiles spoke.

"At the same time as who?" Rafael asked.

"At the same time as me." Scott pointed to himself.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean, 'by coincidence?'" Stiles turned it around.

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time, was that a coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked, sharing a look with his best friend.

"I think he's asking me." Stiles answered.

"I think he's asking the both of you." Lydia piped up.

"Okay, let me answer the questions...." Rafael spoke, only to realize his mistake, which in turn made me bite my lip to keep from laughing. "Let me ask the questions." Stiles winked and did finger-guns at the man, which made me chuckle. "Just so I have this absolutely clear...Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then, Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the whole town."

"Sounds about right..." Stiles nodded slowly.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" Rafael asked.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So, where else would he take her?" Stiles shrugged.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles." Rafael narrowed his eyes at the teenager.

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops--he's in law enforcement." Stiles winked again, this time at his dad. The Sheriff laughed a bit before Rafael looked at him, making him mask it as a cough.

"Stiles, just, uh...just answer the man." The Sheriff mockingly scolded.

"We made a good guess." Stiles sighed.

"What were the two of you doing?" Rafael then turned his attention to Scott and Kira, who went on a ramble about what they were eating--which apparently 'pizza' and 'sushi' were the main dishes of that interesting meal. "Sky? How did you get there?"

"Huh? Who? Me?" I asked, looking around the room.

"Well I don't see anyone else named Sky." Rafael deadpanned.

"Well I don't know, you could be appealing to some deity that's nickname is 'Sky'." I shrugged, smirking as his face contorted into one of confused irritation. "To answer your question, I sleepwalked there. Technically sleep-drove."

"You mean to tell me that you drove all the way from your apartment to the substation, asleep?" Rafael's eyebrows shut up.

"Well, I don't know." I shrugged.

"What do you mean, you don't know?"

"I mean, I could've made some stops along the way. I don't know, I was asleep!"

"Okay, so you're telling me that not only did you drive from your apartment to the substation asleep, you might've made some stops along the way."