Chapter 4: Restraint/Raving

Skylar POV:

It had been a couple of days since the attack on the school that I had missed while I was getting tickets to a rave, and I had been on a pretty fair schedule. Go running, Patrol the town between working on schoolwork and keeping an eye on Allison. Apparently, Scott and Stiles had gotten a restraining order from Jackson. I watched as Allison and Chris walked into the room where two bodies were. They were trying to keep Alli away from Scott but was heavily failing to do so. I was neither in favor nor against these actions. It was up to solely up to Allison rather the young werewolf was to be hunted or not, but I wouldn't be the one to kill my half-brother unless need-be.

"Hmm. This one, Sean? Sean was killed by this thing Gerard says is a kind of shapeshifter. It hasn't been around for centuries." Chris started, throwing back the white sheet so Allison could get a full view of his chest and face.

"The thing you shot outside the club the other night." Allison stated, looking at me as I nodded in confirmation.

"South American legend we know of calls it the Kanima." I clarified.

"This one, Jessica? She was smothered to death after giving birth. The police think it was done by someone else...We think it's a person who's controlling this other shapeshifter. That means two killers, Allison--one human, one not." Chris said. "You know, the one question I had after Gerard first told me about our family? 'Why us?' He quoted me Winston Churchill. 'The price of greatness is responsibility.' Personally, I think it's more about knowledge. What we know--the truth, what we know about the world--that makes us responsible. For a young couple, their newborn daughter, anyone that doesn't have the power to defend themselves. Are you starting to get it?"

"I get that this isn't a lecture, it's an interrogation." Allison said coldly, glaring at Chris.

"That depends on what you know. Gerard showed me the library. Cameras didn't catch everything, but do you really think a little high school fight can explain that amount of damage?" Chris questioned. Alli's eyes widened and I had to resist the urge to cover my face with my hands at her obviousness.

"We know you're trying to protect your friends, but people are dying. A child was orphaned. What you know makes you responsible--it makes you responsible for this." Chris continued as he hammered her.

"What do you want me to tell you?" Alli asked, rubbing her arms in an attempt to feel better.

"Anything you know. Anything that can lead us to answering the one question that might mean everything--who controls the Kanima?" Chris asked. I scoffed and left the room, slamming the door on my way out. Chris and Gerard both were getting too demanding of Allison, not giving her a choice about what to do, just ordering and demanding it.

I glared at all of the other hunters, just daring them to tell me that I couldn't leave the building on my way out. Of course, they all left me alone. Hopping onto my bike, I revved it up and sped off to the diner joint that I had fallen in love with their milkshakes. After grabbing a strawberry shake, I had just sat down at a booth when a certain Scott McCall texted me.

Scottie: Hey Sky, you free?

Me: Yeah, why?

Scottie: Deaton thinks there might be something we can use against the Kanima. Wanna meet us at the vet office?

Me: Who's us?

Scottie: Derek, Deaton, and I.

Me: Sure it's a good idea to put Derek and me in the same room?