Chapter 19: Galvanize

Skylar POV:

"I'm the hot girl?" That was what Scott said as soon as Isaac and I walked up to him, both having gone to ask him about what exactly he wanted to do pack-wise with Malia.

"You are the hottest girl." Stiles confirmed, smiling at both of us while walking away.

"What-?" Isaac looked at me in confusion, making me shrug.

"I'm the hot girl." Scott repeated, although this time he was confident.

"Yes, you are." Isaac opted to agree with the best friends, making Scott smile widely at him and leave in a daze. "What just happened?"

"I have no fucking idea." I sighed as both of us turned to watch the True Alpha walk away. "Well, so much for asking about Malia. I better go see Coach. He's going to need some help putting his office back together."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Isaac asked, looking even more confused.

"Mischief night." I threw over my shoulder, heading to where I had last seen Coach. "Hey Coach, you go into your office yet?"

"No, I'm trying to postpone it for as long as possible." Coach sighed, finishing his coffee and throwing the cup away. "But, I guess I better face the music."

"There's the spirit." I ducked my head to hide my smile, knowing exactly what he was going to find--it paid to have a little brother as one half of the pranking duo. Leaning against his door frame as we entered his office through the locker room, Coach inspected every little thing. Laughing as he dumped the screws around, he pulled the gift and all of his wall displays fell. Sitting down with a defeated huff, he tipped over in his dissembled chair, knocking the desk with his foot and causing it to collapse as well.

"Son of a bitch!" He yelled, making me chuckle a bit. Not waiting for any word from me, he got up and stormed into the classroom beside him. "Mischief Night! Devil's Night! I don't care what you call it--you little punks are evil!" Coach exclaimed, slamming the door shut behind him, although I could still hear his muffled words. "You think it's funny, every Halloween my house gets egged? A man's house is supposed to be his castle! Mine's a frickin' omelet! Oh, this? We're gonna do this again? I don't think so! ...'Happy birthday, love Greenberg'."

Deciding against picking everything up, I simply grabbed the box of papers that I asked Scott to save and headed towards my own office, opening it with my foot and setting the files on my desk. I had gone through earlier this morning and made sure no one with anything, not wanting to be doing my job and suddenly something was crashing down on me. Sitting down, I fell into the world of grading papers, taking an occasional break to look at lawyer applications. I would never do it unless I actually had to, keeping the people of Beacon Hills safe was a big enough job for me.

Looking up as my door opened, I raised my eyebrows at the sight of Aiden and Lydia. Kissing. Leaning back in my chair, I cleared my throat. They broke apart in the hurry, ears red with embarrassment. "Unlike Coach, I actually use my office." I informed, eyes flickering between the two of them. Standing and nodding to the loveseat that I had squeezed in the corner, I grabbed my wallet and opened the door. "Use the couch, and clean up after you're done."

"Thank you!" Lydia called as I closed the door, chuckling and shaking my head. Going outside and sitting down at the picnic table that we usually sat at, I began going through my phone for upcoming hunts that I could do over the summer. There was one about vampires in Virginia, werewolves and vampires in New Orleans, a couple of werejaguars in Peru, and a ghost infiltration of a church in Mexico. The one in Peru would be the one that more than likely still be there when Summer finally came, so I went ahead and made plans to take care of it. Seeing a text message from Derek, I raised a curious brow and clicked on it, chuckling at the simplicity of the message.