Chapter 25: The Divine Move

Third Person POV:

"Isaac. Look. At. Me." Skylar gently grabbed the werewolf's chin, forcing him to meet her eyes. "You need to focus, alright? If the police get here and your stories aren't the same, they're going to have questions."

"I'll just say I don't remember." Isaac stated.

"Right, because now you have dementia." Skylar said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Scott called her dad first, repeat it after me."

"Scott called Allison's dad first." Isaac looked ready to curl up in a ball and just sob, but Skylar knew that this was first priority.

"Tell me what happened after that." She instructed, glancing over to see Chris working on Scott.

"There were two of them, wearing masks...they wanted our car." Isaac started to go over it, gasping for breath every so often. "One of them had something, a knife, I think. I don't know, it was dark."

"And what do you say if you can't remember or are confused?" Skylar asked.

"It all happened so fast." Isaac mumbled, wiping his tears away. Actually looking up at his guardian, he was confused by the lack of tears she was showing. "How...how are you managing to do this?"

"Hunters are trained to deal with loss, although sometimes in a very unhealthy way." Skylar answered, looking up as she saw flashing lights. "I gotta go, I can't be seen here." Hugging him quickly, she snuck out the backway, grabbing her motorcycle and wheeling it out of earshot before starting it. Wiping her own face as a few stray tears snuck out, she sunk her teeth into her bottom lip as more started to leak. Finally giving up, she started the engine and headed out, having absolutely no idea where she was headed.

*****(Two Hours Later--Skylar POV)*****

"So this is where you guys have been." I spoke as I entered the loft, watching as Derek used a lighter against Ethan's back. "Wolfsbane?"

"Yeah." Derek nodded, looking at me in concern.

"I'm fine now." I reassured. "We got Lydia, found out how to kill the Oni, more than likely scared the Nogitsune, and lost Allison."

"What do you mean 'lost Allison'?" Aiden asked, looking very confused.

"I mean that one of the Oni stabbed her." I clarified with a sarcastic smile.

"Is she okay?" Ethan asked.

"She's dead." I deadpanned before frowning with a shrug. "Which can mean she's okay, I guess. She's out of this crazy world." Sitting down on the couch and grabbing a pillow, I got comfortable and started to attempt to massage away my headache. Was it possibly from me suppressing my emotions? Probably. Was I going to cry to get rid of it? Probably not--it really depended on how much more stress came crashing down. I would sleep though, which usually helped it. But sleep had to wait. Right now, we had a fox to catch.

"Should be fine in a couple hours--unless whoever shot you manages to find you again." Derek informed Ethan.

"Lydia's with Scott. We need to go." Aiden told his brother, both of them standing and heading out of the door.

"You're gonna try to convince her to go with you?" Derek called.

"I'm gonna try and convince her to run and hide, like any sane person would do." Aiden corrected, making me snort. What made him think that any of us were sane here?