Chapter 5: Party Guessed

Skylar POV:

"It's not that deep, okay?" Chris told Victoria. I had already changed into my PJ's and was now watching Chris frantically clean Victoria's bite wound. Yes, I was upset about Derek biting her, but she had tried to kill him and Scott.

"It's all right. I'll clean it myself." Victoria told Chris. I looked up as I heard someone come down the stairs. Seeing Gerard, I nudged Chris and cocked an eyebrow to the patriarch of the Argent family. Nodding to Gerard, I passed by him and checked on Allison. She was fast asleep, so I went into my own bedroom.

6 years later and Derek didn't recognize me. Granted, I had dyed red and black streaks into my dark-brown hair and my eyes had somehow changed into a blue instead of brown. Okay...yeah, I changed a lot from high school. And Derek...was a shell of the Derek I knew back then. I tossed and turned for the rest of the night, giving up at 5:00 and went running. The next two days were quiet for a town with as many supernatural problems as Beacon Hills. Scott, Stiles, and I were keeping an eye on Jackson, while Chris and I tried to talk Gerard into letting Victoria live. Of course, it failed, but it was worth the try.

On Wednesday morning, I had already gone running and was now laying on Allison's bed, watching YouTube on my phone. I looked up as Lydia came in with six Macy bags. "Clear your schedule." She told Allison. "This could take a while. Oh, and Sky, you are rocking that outfit."

"Thanks." I mumbled, moving over for her to spread the dresses out as I continued watching Mark Rober's video about a pool full of jello. I was wearing the Hale necklace Derek had given me, a black jean vest, red long-sleeved shirt, washed-out black ripped jeans, and black combat boots with a gerber.

"How many outfits do you plan on wearing tonight?" Allison asked.

"It's my birthday!" Lydia said cheerfully. "I'm thinking host dress, evening dress, then, mmm...after-hours casual?"

"I noticed that you didn't send out any invites..." Allison said hesitantly.

"It's the biggest party of the year, Allison, everyone knows." Lydia told her, the tenseness in the air going from 0 to 100.

"I was wondering if maybe this year, things, you know...might be different...?" Allison said, biting her bottom lip.

"Why would anything be different?" Lydia asked.

"Because everything has changed from last year. Including your relationship status with Jackson." I suggested.

"What do you care about Jackson?" Lydia snapped.

"He's not coming, is he?" I asked, smirking.

"Everyone's coming." Lydia told me sharply, taking a dress out. "This one's American Rag. Mmm, I love it. For me, not you guys." She told us in a much for cheerful tone. "This one's Material Girl. It's for you." She told Allison before taking out a black dress. "And this one is for you Sky...unless you already have your's picked out."

"I was thinking about a black fur-lined vest, dark-red long-sleeved shirt with the shoulders cut out, ripped black skinny jeans, with high-heeled black boots and fingerless black gloves. Rather they're going to be biker, net, combat, fur, or plain, I don't know yet. I'm also going to be carrying a Gerber Switchblade. Thoughts?" I asked. Lydia had decided that she was my fashion advisor, and it was quite fun.

"Sophisticated yet fun, with a touch of danger. Sounds perfect for you." Lydia said. She knew that I was a dangerous person, and decided that since I didn't look frightening at first, my clothes needed to have a touch of it. She picked up a denim dress as Victoria came in and knocked on the wall. "Mrs. Argent, what do you think of this one?" She asked.