Epilogue: ...Will Never Fail

10 Years Ago
Third Person POV:

"Der, stop, please." Skylar gasped for breath as Derek's hands stilled at her sides where he had been tickling her. "Derek Hale, you are the most fucking infuriating person I've ever met. And the biggest idiot I know."

"Well, I'm your idiot." Derek chuckled, burying his face in her neck while lightly squeezing her sides more. She squealed, her body attempting to jerk away from him. However, she didn't end up anywhere, since he had pinned her to the bed. "You can't get away now, I have you!" Derek declared, pressing a sweet kiss to her shoulder while slightly nodding towards his door.

"Cora! Cora! Save me from your brother!" Skylar noticed the youngest Hale watching the pair from the hallway, smiling as she realized that Derek was trying to get his little sister to join the fiasco. She giggled and rushed in now that she had an invitation, launching herself onto Derek's back.

"You leave Sky alone!" Cora exclaimed, her mock blows doing nothing to Derek. The teenager stood and started to spin around, holding onto her legs to keep her from falling off. Skylar paused to smile as she watched the two interact before grabbing Cora off of Derek's back and running out of the room. Nearly colliding with Peter in the hallway and having to dodge Laura on the stairs, Skylar slid to a stop in the Kitchen.

Tatia grinned as she watched her son's girlfriend hide with her youngest daughter behind the island, the two smiling widely as Derek came down the stairs. It had been a long time since Derek's laughter had been heard in the Hale house, and it was a welcome sound. "Oh where, oh where could they be?" The male teenager questioned, hearing and smelling them before he saw Cora's shoes.

"I'll distract him and you run outside, okay?" Skylar whispered, knowing that Derek was meaningfully taking longer. Cora nodded excitedly as she heard Derek's footsteps, making the older girl smile before holding up five fingers. Slowly counting down, as soon as Skylar made a fist, Cora shot towards the door while Skylar jumped out and onto Derek's back. Kicking his knees, she forced him down to the ground, only for him to quickly roll over to lay on top of her.

"Ooo, doggie pile!" Laura smiled, jumping on top of her brother's back. Derek grunted but braced himself to avoid too much weight being on Skylar. Noticing the lack of added weight, his girlfriend sent him a smile, knowing exactly what was going on. Having come downstairs to see what all the fuss was about, Peter watch with amusement as Cora reappeared from outside and jumped on top of the trio.

"You good there, Sky?" Peter called, also noting the way Derek was supporting all of the weight. "Looks cramped."

"It's quite cozy, actually." Skylar smirked, raising a brow in a smug way. "Why? Would you like to trade places?"

"No thanks, I'll pass." Peter hummed, already backing his way up the stairs as Cora zeroed in on him. Pulling Laura along with her, the two sisters were soon chasing after their Uncle, allowing Derek to collapse against Skylar.

"You know, there are more comfortable spots for you to fall asleep on me." Skylar hummed, adjusting herself while her hands semiconsciously went to his hair.

"I'm comfy." Derek answered simply, his muscles further relaxing as she ran her fingers through his hair.

"Not for me, there's a rock digging into my back." Skylar informed, making little effort to push Derek off of her. The teenage werewolf finally obliged, rolling to his feet and pulling her up with him. Noticing him cock his head oddly, she raised a brow in question. He glanced at Tatia in the office before grabbing her waist and pulling her closer to him. Whispering sweet nothings in her ear, he knew that she would be more focused on the tapping on her hips.