Chapter 21: Silverfinger

Third Person POV:

"Derek, for the last time, I'm fine." Skylar insisted, weakly pushing the werewolf away from her as she tried to get out of bed. The reminder '5' imprinted right behind her ear hurt, giving her the wonderful pleasure of having a headache. Watching as she tried (and failed) to hide her wincing as she stubbornly began getting dressed, the previous alpha looked heavenward, sending a prayer to whatever deity there was to give him the patience to deal with her strong-headedness.

"At least let me help you." Derek sighed, grabbing her shoulders to stop her from moving any further. "Skylar, Cielo, please." Her old nickname fell from his lips with ease, making her eyes shoot up to meet his. "I won't stop you from helping Scott, but let me help you." Skylar gnawed on her cheek for a bit before grabbing his hand and pulling herself up. "Thank you."

"What for?" Skylar asked, raising a confused brow.

"For getting over your stubbornness and letting me help you." Derek hid his smile, although it came out at Skylar's exasperated sigh.

"You know, every time you open your mouth, I ask myself, why did you fall for this idiot in high school?" Skylar hummed, grabbing her shoes and pulling them on while Derek made sure she didn't fall. Allison had changed her into some of Cora's leggings and one of Derek's shirts before she left with the pack, leaving the huntress with the older werewolf.

"Because you thought I was adorable." Derek hummed, grabbing her phone as she finished tying her boots. "And don't even try to deny it--Cora told me, not Peter."

"That little snitch." Skylar mumbled, taking the offered phone from him and checking her notifications. "Please tell me you didn't scare them into not contacting me."

"Okay, I didn't scare them into not contacting you." Derek spoke, grabbing his own phone and keys.

"I don't believe you." Skylar narrowed her eyes at him, looking at him with suspicion.

"Come on, we can grab food on the way." Derek chuckled, sliding the main door open before offering her his arm. "My lady?"

"You are such a dork." She rolled her eyes, walking out the door by herself, leaving him smiling behind her. "Well? Are you coming? I pretty for sure I could eat a horse, and you're paying so..."

*****(That Night)*****

"Do you think Aiden and Ethan have any clue that we're also trailing Scott?" Skylar questioned the werewolf beside her, slouched in the passenger seat of Derek's FJ Cruiser.

"Probably not." Derek answered. "They're not really good at it."

"I saw that. They could certainly use some improvement." Skylar glanced at the side view mirrors, checking to see if anyone suspicious was around. Spotting Melissa's car, she began to unbuckle her seatbelt.

"Woah, where are you going?" Derek asked.

"To go talk to Melissa." Skylar informed. "She's my friend, 'cause you know, I'm not the 'big bad wolf' who's too cool for friends."

"Rawr." Derek mockingly joked, flashing his eyes and making the female laugh. Getting out of the Cruiser, she headed to where Melissa was currently getting out of her car.

"Hey Melissa!" Skylar called, checking for any cars before crossing the road.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Melissa asked, checking the huntress for any signs of bad injuries. "Scott said that you got really hurt last night, are you sure that you should be up and around?"