4

𝙰𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚍

I pulled down my pencil skirt as I was getting ready to go home after a long day of work. I cleaned off my desk and organized everything before grabbing my large black telfar back and leaving.

"Bye!" I waved at the security guards who greeted me every morning before letting the air outside hit me.

The weather was starting to get cooler as fall was right around the corner so I just had my white button down top on. I had to pick up Kimora from my mother's today as well and with this rush hour traffic I know I'd be driving for a minute.

"Yo ma!" A thick accent yelled out. I continued to walk down the street, not even breaking my neck to see who it was.

"Ariana? Yo Ari!" He continued to yelled. I furrowed my eyebrows and stopped walking. I turned, meeting eyes with Tremaine, an old fling I had about a year ago.

"Tremaine?"

"I knew that was you." He licked his lips, cutting off his car. He got out the car and walked up to me. He still was fine, I give him that.

"You looking good girl. What you doing here?" He eyed me, up and down.

"I work here. I'm about to go home though. I see you still cat calling women." I shook my head.

He chuckled. "Only ones that look good." He smirked, and looked back down at my body. "If you not busy let me take you out?"

"Mhm not now. I have to go pick up my daughter."

"Kimora right? Damn, how she doing?" He said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"She's doing good. Growing up and shit."

"I'm glad you doing good. Let me atleast walk you to your car."

"Boy I'm good." I laughed, turning around just for him to follow me.

"You telling me after a long day of work you gotta drive yourself home? You too pretty for that."

"Tremaine you're such a flirt." I laughed, pressing the button my keys to unlock my car as I approached it. "I've been doing this for years. I'll be fine."

"Not when I was with you. I took care of you. Like a real man supposed to." He smirked as I got into the car. I rolled down the windows and I started the car and looked at him. Entertaining him was fun, I couldn't lie but I couldn't go back with him.

"Take care Tremaine. It was nice seeing you."

"Your number still the same?"

"Yeah."

"You'll be hearing from me."

"Whatever." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Get home safe."

"You too." I said watching him move out of the way so I could pull off.

I had my fair share of exes but I really only messed with three people my whole life and only slept with two of out of the three. Tremaine and I were a really good couple I could say, he was naturally funny and always just made me happy but we started just to argue a lot and we just were no longer compatible with each other which was fine.

Kevin, my first love. I thought me and him were end game and now I laugh thinking about it. We were very toxic, arguing every other day, fighting in public, we really didn't care. But we did have a lot of good moments, at one point we did everything and anything together. I loved being around him. I wasn't surprised when I seen his music videos with million of views. He was talented. However he cheated on me many times and I just had enough and decided I deserved better. The many times I tried to get my lick back I just couldn't do him like that. Every time I look at Kimora, I just see him.

Before I knew it I was at my mom's house and the sun was setting. I quickly got out of the car and raised my fist, knocking on the front door.

"She just woke up from her nap." My mom said as soon as she opened the door in a low tone. I nodded and watched her hand me her bag.

"Kimora! Manman ou la!" (Your mother is here) I heard her exclaim as I stood in the front. A sleepy Kimora came to the door and hugged me.

"Hey girl. I like your hair." I said, seeing the fresh. raids my mom did on her.

"Thank you." She yawned.

"Thank you ma." I said to my mom. I hugged her goodbye and got Kimora in the car before heading back home.

When we got home I gave her a shower and took one myself. I decided there was no point in reading her a book before she went to bed because she was already tired.

"Mora?" I said as I put her bonnet on.

"Hmm?" She hummed at me, rubbing her eyes.

"What do you think about us moving?" I said as I tucked her in bed. I had these habits of talking to her like she was my bestfriend but in reality she really was.

"Moving?"

"Yeah like moving into a new house."

"Am I coming with you?"

"Of course. What would I do without you?" I said, staring at het. She was so pretty. I was so blessed.

"Then it's a cool idea." She said. I smile, giving her a kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight sweetheart."

I decided it would be best for me to go ahead and sign that lease. I was really happy I just knew my life was about to get better.