5

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅 

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚡, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

"To have your genes." Giselle said admiring her friend's figure and overall appearance. "My uncles about to be on your body all night."

"Girl bye." Ari chuckled, picking at her plate of food. She's been at Giselle's family party for a few hours now. Her family were familiar with her so she felt comfortable and knew most faces. She had on a pink skims dress and cream hermes sandals.

Reggaeton blasted in the backyard as she sipped her lemonade. She watched Kimora play with the little kids from a distance and then faced her friend.

"Who birthday is it?" She wondered.

"My cousin. The one next to Kimora. He turned five yesterday." She said picking at her plate. "What are you doing for Kimora's birthday?"

"I don't know yet. She's been talking about it, but she doesn't know what she wants. One day it's a pool party the next she wants to go to Skyzone. I'll decide in some time."

"Yo ma?" A deep voice interrupted the two's conversation.

"Hi Dougie. Why haven't you been around?" Giselle's mother said making Ariana stop chewing and freeze.

"Wassup mama love." He said hugging her mom and then looking over at Ariana and Giselle.

"Ariana? What the fuck I ain't seen you in years." Dougie said in awe, getting up to pull the girl in a hug.

"Oh wow. It's been a while." She gives him a side hug and eyes Gizelle. She suddenly felt her heart beat slowly as if Kay was in front of her. She looked around seeing Kimora playing around with the kids and hoped for the first time in her life she didn't come near her.

"Why you here?" Gizelle asked, shocked.

"Your moms invited me. You don't wanna see me?"

"I didn't say that." She accepted his hug. "You here dolo right?"

He nodded and turned to Ari. "How you been?"

"I'm good. How about you?" She says as her hand quickly got sweaty.

"Shit still making life worth it." He shrugged.

"Nigga what is that supposed to mean?" Giselle buds in.

"Business not hitting like it used to. That's all." He shrugged.

Ariana kind of frowned hearing he was still selling drugs because she knew it meant Kevin was most likely doing it too.

"What happened to rapping?" She questioned.

"Nah don't get me wrong. I got a lot of shit I wanna drop soon, but not right now. Now isn't the best time."

She was curious about what that meant but decided not to question it.

"Mommy? I'm hungry." She felt someone tug her hands. She looked down, shocked when she seen Dougie looking at Kimora. She looked over at her bestfriend, to see what she would do.

"I'm so sorry. He randomly popped up." She mouthed. "Hi baby. Auntie missed you girl. Let's go get you some food cmon." She said pulling her away from the table, leaving the two alone.

"That's your little girl?" Dougie asked.

"Yeah." Ari coughed up.

"Damn. I didn't know you had a kid. We all grown up and shit. How old is she?"