27

ᴍᴀɴʜᴀᴛᴛᴀɴ, ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ
𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Ariana zipped up her sweater as it was starting to get cold in the area. She made her way to Tremaine's door, biting on her lip. She had a bad feeling about this, but she had the urge to see how he was doing.

An old man opened the door that she wasn't at all familiar with. She nervously smiled and cleared her throat. "I'm here for Tremaine."

"Yeah he's right in the living room." The man stepped aside. She already had an eerie feeling as she stepped inside.

"You look good. Where you coming from?" She heard his familiar voice which made her look up. Tremaine was sitting on the couch in an uncomfortable position.

"Nowhere special." She said knowing she just came from dropping her daughter off at Kay's mom house. "How are you?" She said taking note of the bandages he had around his chest, up to his upper shoulder. She slowly sat across from him.

"I'm fine. A few bullets wasn't going to take me out." He laughed, but she couldn't get herself to laugh at the joke. Taking in his appearance, guilt started to slowly fade in.

She felt her eyes begin to water, but she quickly fanned them so tears wouldn't drop.

"Stop crying." He smacked his lips.

"I'm sorry this happened to you."

"No need to be sorry. You not the one who shot me."

She wiped her face before clearing her throat. "What did the doctors say?"

"Just told me to rest, take my antibiotics, a bunch of bullshit." He said trying to reach for the remote but luckily hissing in pain.

"It's not bullshit. You shouldn't be on your feet like that, why are you talking like this?" She said handing him the remote in confusion.

"Because this shit wasn't supposed to happen to me. I know you had something to do with it Ariana." He spat out,

"What?" She asked as her heart dropped.

"What are the odds that you're fine and were no where to be seen after I got shot?"

She couldn't even get herself to think of a response before she felt herself being grabbed by two men and pushed into a corner.

"Do whatever yall want with her. Make sure she leave alive though." He heard him say.

••

On the other end Kay was watching the call ring as he was in the middle of getting ready for an important drill. The war in the Bronx was getting out of hand. He knew he shouldn't be doing things like this still because of his career but he just couldn't stay out of it. Once you were in, you were in for life it didn't matter how much money you had.

"My nigga put your phone on silent or something." Yagi said to him as he slid a pistol in the waistband of his pants.

He sucked his teeth, seeing she ended the call, just for her name to cover his screen once again. He really wanted to talk to her but didn't feel the need to talk to her unless it was about their daughter anymore. He decided he was done chasing her, it was only distracting him. He couldn't deny the fact he had love for her but he just thought loving her from a distance was better

"Why you even ignoring her?" Dougie asked.

"I don't want to talk to her right now. She dayroom."

"I'm jacking you like this toxic shit." Dougie chuckled as he shook his head. "Y'all njggas ready to go?"