16

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚡, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

"I love you mama. I'm about to get out the car. I'll come over when I'm done." Kevin spoke into the phone, lowering the car music.

"Okay. Te Quiero" Kimora's soft voice said.

He laughed hearing how quick she learned certain words. "También te quiero."

It was a daily routine now to facetime her for a few minutes when they weren't with each other. He personally loved it, he knew niggas who easily got annoyed at their kids but Kimora basically had him wrapped around his finger. For a nigga with short temper he felt like he was doing well with her.

Kay and his team walked into the building, getting ready for his interview. He was blowing up fast and was getting alot of recognition from people. Although he wasn't good with speaking to people he wasn't affiliated with, he was willing to try.

"Looking back from the last time you was here, how does it feel?" A interview asked. Kay adjusted his ski mask so he was comfortable.

"I'm signed now, shit feel like a blessing now. I thank all my brothers. My mom. My management they did all this shit."

"For a fact. What rappers would you say you looked up to?"

"King Von for a fact." He shook his head. "Hella chicago rappers to be honest. I use to bump his shit heavy before he passed."

"Yeah Von was tuff. What advice would you give young men around your age who are trying to pursue rap?"

"If you ask me not gon lie I feel like for niggas who tryna come up just stay true to yourself and don't drop no bullshit. Make sure every shit you drop coming from you and you only."

"I see you're a father now. How does being a father change your viewpoint on certain things?"

"I'm not gon lie my daughter made me change a lot. Life way more serious then I thought. Feel me? I'm taking care of a whole ass human being. Me and her real close too so it's like all I really want to do is give her what I didn't have growing up. Knowing you got something to live for make life a lil bit better."

"She a daddy's girl?"

"Some shit like that" He threw his head back, laughing lazily. "She a little bit of both if I'm being honest. She love her mother." He said. Everyone in the room could tell from his eyes that he was genuinely happy speaking on his daughter.

"How's the relationship with your baby mother? Co-parenting? Dating?" The interviewer chuckled. "The world wanna know."

"My baby moms? She lowkey, she don't really fuck with the internet like that so most don't really know. But if you know me, you know how I am about her. She a good ass mother. Best one out there. I got mad love for her."

"That's wassup. We all need our mothers."

After a few more questions, talking about his plans for his new tape, he finished up the interview. He was on his way to Ariana's house, although he didn't tell her that he figured he'd just pop up on her.

He felt bad after their argument. Just like her, he hated when they argued. He felt like shit half of the time but he really hated himself for letting his daughter down.

Driving from downtown back to the Bronx was a long drive due to the traffic but once he made his way back onto her block, he didn't waste any time going into her building.

He decided not to use to key this time to refrain from seeing something he didn't want to see. He knocked on the door lightly.

"Who is it?" He heard a voice coming closer to the door.