46

ᴍᴀɴʜᴀᴛᴛᴀɴ, ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ
𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Ariana zipped up her hoodie, feeling in her pockets for the set of keys Kay got her. She didn't feel like it was right to use the keys since she has been ignoring him for so long. She was standing in front of his house. She drove 45 minutes to get to Jersey just to talk to him and she hoped he wouldn't turn her away.

Nervously, she picked up her phone and pressed her best-friend's contact. It didn't take long until she picked up.

"Giselle?"

"Yeah?" She said in a sleepy voice.

"I didn't mean to wake you but I'm at Kay's and I can't get myself to knock on the door."

"Girl what is the worst he can do? Yell at you and then give you another baby. Knock on that man door!"

"But what if he doesn't wanna see me?"

"He does. You overthinking it too much."

"Bu-"

"Ariana, I'm going back to sleep. I'll call you when I wake up. You'll be fine. Bye girl." Giselle voice said before the call ended. Ariana exhaled deeply, putting her phone into her pocket. She decided to just go for it and raise her hand up and knock on the door. Silence filled the space, up until she heard footsteps approach the door. Shortly after the locks clicked and the door swung open revealing a confused yet relieved Kevin.

She could tell he was shocked to see her standing at his door on a Saturday night. He stared at her as she looked down at their feet nervously.

"Hi." She said lowly.

"Wassup. I thought I had Kimora until Monday?"

"You do." She fiddled with her hands. "We need to talk."

"Now we need to talk?" He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Kay please.."

"Ariana I been trying to talk to you for the past couple of weeks. The fuck is your issue?"

"Can I just come in?"

He moved to the side, as she walked in. He took note of her outfit choice, she had on sweats and one of his old hoodies. He knew something was wrong because she never liked going outside dressed this way. He watched her sit on the couch nervously.

"You want water?"

"No I'm fine, thank you. Where's Kimora?"

"She getting dressed, I just gave her a bath. What we need to talk about?"

"I know it's been a minute since we seen each other and all, I just felt like I needed time. I'm sorry."

"A month though? I proposed to you and all, and bullshit started happening and you leave me for a month?"

She shrugged, "I know it was fucked up but I just was starting to question the whole marriage thing."

"So you wanna call off the engagement? You was so quick to take that ring off."

"No...I wanna marry you."

"You sure?"

She nodded. "I'm positive."

"Then I don't know why you did that dumb shit. You can't do shit like run off for a month. You sit and talk about it. I told you I do not want that bitch. She texted my phone, I told her get the fuck off my line, simple as that. It looked bad but I wouldn't do no dayroom shit like that. I even told your mom about this shit, asking her what to do because it seem like no matter what I do, you never going to believe me."