24

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅 

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚡, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

"You ready to go?" Tremaine said taking Ariana's gym bag. Tremaine was pretty fit and as long as Ariana was with him she would always be in the best of shape.

"Yeah." She said. He nodded and they walked outside together. "Can we get chipotle?" She said pointing out the Chipotle down the block. He nodded and held her hand with his free hand.

Ever since the argument with Kevin, she always got the feeling someone was watching her when she was with Tremaine. She wouldn't be surprised if he sent someone to watch the two, he did a lot of crazy things when things didn't go his way and she knew that.

As the two walked across the street, hand in hand. A loud sound caused nearby people to scream. She felt Tremaine's grip on her hand get loose. Multiple shots went off and before she knew it she was being grabbed by somebody. From what she could see the person who was grabbing her was brownskin and was muscular, pulling her into a car. He wasn't rough with her but she knew better than to run off or anything.

Once she heard the car door slam, she was pulled into the middle seat. She looked up frantically meeting eyes with someone familiar. Kay lowered his ski mask, licking over his lips. Her eyes widened and her fear, changed into a mix of anger.

"K-Kevin?" She couldn't even manage to get her words out. Whoever was driving the car were going a high speed but it felt like they weren't even moving the way she was staring at him. He wiped off the muzzle of his gun.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He said letting his index finger go over her face. She quickly slapped his hand to the side as a tear went down her face.

Her throat began to get scratchy so she decided not to talk. She was too scared to even go off on him because she didn't know where they were going or how far he would take this.

"Ma wassup witchu? Stop shaking." He said looking down at her. He knew she was scared of things like gun shots sounds and big pocket knives, which confused him because they grew up in the same area so he didn't know how she didn't get used to the sound yet. He assumed maybe because the gun shot was so close to her, it scared her some more.

He rested his hand on her thigh, trying to calm her down but it only made matters worse. She looked out the window noticing they were no longer in the Bronx anymore. For some odd reason she still trusted him enough not to hurt her in anyway. When the car came to a stop, Kay and the driver exchanged some words before he looked back at her. He hated seeing her scared and uncomfortable, it bothered him more because he's the one that caused it. He picked her up bridal style, carrying her into his house. He went up some straights and took a left revealing a master bedroom. He placed her down on the bed, and watched as her breathing slowed down. She looked up at him with glossy eyes.

"I know. I know. Come here." He said wiping a stray tear from her face and pulling her into a hug. He didn't really care much about the situation, in fact he liked it this way but he hated seeing her cry. He was trying to push away the fact that she was crying over another man as he comforted her.

"Kay why did you do that?"

"Because I knew you wasn't going to leave him. You think he the better option when it's really me."

"You didn't have to kill him though."

He chuckled and walked out of the room. She exhaled and put her feet to her chest as she laid on the bed. She didn't know he was still crazy so it took her time to calm down. Shortly after Kay walked back with a water bottle.

"You thirsty?" He asked her.

She nodded and he slowly but carefully put the rim of the bottle to her mouth, holding her chin up with his other hand. She lowly thanked him and furrowed her eyebrows. She had a lot in her mind, whether Tremaine got any help to the hospital and  thinking that it wasn't going to take the police that long to put two and two together.

He picked her up from the bed, knowing she was too
stubborn. He sat her on the bathroom counter. He grabbed a rag, wetting the corners slightly before dabbing the dry blood on her face.

"I'm sorry." He said to her. He wasn't sorry though. He was glad he did it.

"You don't say sorry to things like this." She argued back, quietly.

"Well I'm sorry. I just love you. I'd do anything to keep us a family. You, me and our pretty girl." He said moving her hair out of her face, admiring her pretty bare face.

"I know you love me too." He said again.

"I do but-"

"There's no buts. When two people love each other, nothing should be getting in the way of them."

"Okay I understand that, but this isn't right. It's not okay. I thought you were done doing stuff like this."

"I was." He swiped his face. "You know I am with you. It just happened."

In the past Kay shot at and beat up a more than a dozen of men just for trying to talk Ariana, some had it worse because they tried it in front of him.

"I didn't kill him. He good. He at the hospital." He said, exhaling.

"Is he really?" She looked at him with soft eyes.

"He barely made it. He should've died, but yeah he alive."

"Can I go check on him?"

He swallowed the lump in his throat. He didn't think right now would be a good time to yell at her so he forced himself to calm down. He really did love her, it just showed it in all the wrong ways. By choice though, he knew how to love properly but he let his emotions get the best of him.

"Yeah. In the morning. Make it the last time you see him. You hear me?"

"Okay."

"What is it about him that I don't got? If I got shot you not coming to see me."

"Not true. How many times did I come see you when we were younger? I care about you Kevin, you know that." She said.

"You didn't answer the question."

"It's nothing to compare. You two are polar opposites and live two different lifestyles I don't think it's fair to compare you two. But if we're being honest I was getting bored of the relationship."

"How come?"

She shrugged. She never really knew how to put her feelings into to words well and Kay understood that. They stood in silence, staring at one another. Kay wrapped her arms around her waist, as she sat on the bathroom counter still.

"You know I love you? I'd do anything to just to have you. You left me that first time, I was fucked up. I'm not letting you go again." He said.

"How do you love me? Look what you just did."

"I don't kill for anybody. That's love. The nigga not even dead, so mission not complete. Go to sleep mama. I gotta give Kimora a shower." He said. He pressed his lips onto hers, watching her emotionless face.

"She's here? She didn't see me like this right?"

"Nah. She's in her room. This my other house. She familiar with this place so just chill. If you need anything just call me."

"I don't have my phone."

He sucked his teeth. "Shit. It's in the car, I gotchu."