28

ᴍᴀɴʜᴀᴛᴛᴀɴ, ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ
𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅

ᴍᴀɴʜᴀᴛᴛᴀɴ, ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"We should get mommy some chocolate too." Kimora smirked.

"You wanna get your mother the whole store Kimora. You got money? Plus we know you going to be the one to eat it all up."

"It's not for me. I just think mommy likes you." She shrugs. "Boys are supposed to get girls chocolates."  She smirked, making Kay laugh at her comments.

"How you know she likes me?" He says looking at the variety of chocolates. He decided to take her out to pick up a few things from the supermarket since he wanted to attempt to cook something for Ariana while she was still resting in bed.

"She just always smiling around you. I think you like her too. Do you? I won't tell her." She cheesed at him, they fell out into laugher at the same time. He couldn't believe his daughter was saying these things but he couldn't be too surprised due to how observant she was.

"You the opps baby, I know you'll go and tell."

"I won't! Pinky promise?" She said holding out her pinky.

"I like her." He said attaching his pinky to hers.

"I knew it!" She chirped as Kay laughed at her. "Do you love her?"

"Yeah I tell her all the time. She know the vibes." He smiled, thinking back at it.

The father, daughter pair checked out all of their items and made their way back to Ariana's house. Kevin didn't mind looking after Ariana, after all she cared for him when he was at his all times low so he thought it was only right.

"Uncle Jo?" Kimora questioned as Kay closed the door behind him.

"Wassup." Jo said seeing his niece walk up to him. Kay looked at the living room that was filled with his friends and family. Kimora enjoyed being around them, thankfully Kay was glad he wouldn't have to watch her as much and focus on Arianna.

"How is she?" Kevin asked Giselle who was laid up with Dougie on the couch.

"She's alright. She in the kitchen with your mom."

"My mom's here?" He made a confused face.

"Yeah. I invited her." Dougie said. "You know how much she liked Ariana. I thought it was only right."

He was now even more curious as to how his baby mother was doing. He adjusted his grip on the plastic bags he was carrying and headed over to the kitchen, seeing both of the woman sitting down deep into a conversation.

"Hi ma." He said making both his mother and Ariana turn around. He smirked at Ari and pressed a kiss to his mother's forehead as the two sat next to each other.

"Hey son. What's all this?" She said taking note of the grocery bags.

"I bought some shit. You know I can't cook. You tryna bless?" He said to his mom who sucked her teeth.

"You lucky I love Ariana. I'm doing this for her." She said before snatching the bags out of his hands and walking off.

Kay eyes landed back on Ariana who was left in front of him. Her bruises were in the process of healing, although he could still sense the sadness in her eyes she gave him a small smile.

"How you doing?" He asked, opening her legs so he could stand between them as she sat on the stool.

"Better. I'm just tired."

"You wanna go to sleep?"

"Not right now. Thank you though" She said tracing her fingers on the veins that were visible through his arms.

Ariana was beyond appreciative of Kay, and him staying around. He didn't even let her out of his sight. They were basically attached at the hip as she wanted to be with him everywhere he went.

"Daddy here, you're forgetting something." Kimora popped up behind him with a box of chocolates. "Mommy look what daddy got you." She chirped. She handed the chocolate box to him, seeing it was already open with a few chocolates already eaten.

He smacked his lips and turned and looked at the little girl. "Now you know you could've just asked for your own chocolates." He said seeing her smile and hide behind his leg. He turned back to Ariana seeing her pearly whites on display.

"Aww thank you Kay." She smiled and threw her arms over his neck, taking in his heavy cologne smell.

"Anything for you ma." He pulled back, kissing her forehead. The two still were confused on what their status of their relationship were but it was too much going on to even discuss the topic. "I'm about to go to sleep, come lay with me." He said in a tone she felt like she never heard him use. He wanted to be around her especially at a time where they both were vulnerable.

"Okay. Give me a second and I'll meet you in the room." She said, he nodded and made his way into her bedroom, getting comfortable. At this rate Kay was at her house more than he was at his.

As she heard her room door close she went over to the pantry to get some snacks as she was getting hungry.

"You got any fruit snacks in there?" Jo said behind her, making her turn around.

"No, Kimora ate them all."

"Damn, but how you doing though?"

"I'm doing better. Thank you for being here."

"It's nothing, you know you like family. Wassup with you and Kay Kay though? Y'all together now?"

She shrugged. "No...well I don't know." She spoke honestly. She knew somewhere deep in her heart there was most likely a few other girls in the picture and didn't want to go through that again.

Jo let out a laugh. "It's good seeing yall two together though. I basically grew up with you two. You don't see shit like that everyday."

"Yeah I know. I really like him, sometimes I just can't get over the fact he cheated on me. He's been making it up to me though."

"I tried telling him that's why you wasn't going to come running back but you know him."

"Yeah we all know how stubborn Kay could be but I think we're finally getting somewhere that's not toxic."

"Who stubborn?" A deep voice said as a familiar pair of cold arms went around Ariana's waist.

"Nigga you." Jo laughed.

Kevin sucked his teeth and looked at Ari. "He bothering you?"

"No we were just talking." Ariana said, feeling his hand rub her stomach.

"You taking long. Cmon I'm sleepy." He mumbled in her ear.

"Alright." She chuckled.