30

ᴍᴀɴʜᴀᴛᴛᴀɴ, ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ
𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅

The loud knocking on the door woke the young woman out of her sleep. She sucked her teeth, dragging her feet across then floor tiles of her apartment; swinging the door open as she rubbed her eyes.

"Hi mommy." Kimora's small arms reached out for her mom as Kay held her. Before Ariana could respond Kay had his own set of words to say.

"What nigga you got in here?" He set Kimora down and stormed into the house.

"Kevin what?" Ariana groaned.

"What i told you about my government? Who you got in here Ariana, deadass?"

"Nobody. I was sleeping I'm sorry I didn't hear the bell." She said putting her arm around Kimora. They both watched him frantically search the house.

She sat there with a straight face waiting for him to come to her senses. Once he realized every room of the apartment was empty, he let his hand go over his freshly done braids.

"I'm sorry. I ain't mean to-"

"It's fine." She walked off. He smacked his lips, telling Kimora to get started on her homework then followed Ariana.

"Wassup with you? I said I'm sorry."

"I'm not mad. I kinda find it cute, but I'm not mad." She said honestly.

"So why you moving weird?"

"I don't feel well. That's all."

"Oh you alright baby? What's wrong?"

"My body still sore. I just need to rest."

"You been sleep all day. Or atleast that's why I hope you haven't been picking up my calls all day."

"Yeah I've been sleep. I feel better though so." She shrugged. "You hungry?" She said walking to the kitchen with Kevin following her.

"What you got?" He asked, eyeing her body as she opened the fridge.

"Whatever you want me to make I'll make." She chirped. It was obvious she expressed her love through cooking and kind acts. Her thoughtfulness was the main thing that drew Kevin to her, she was soft spoken and always cared about the people around her. He would like to think they were opposites but they had way more in common than many would think they would.

"How about we just order some chinese or something? I don't want you on your feet for too long."

"No. It's okay. I want Kimora to have a home cooked meal." She protested. Kay sucked his teeth and pulled her back from the kitchen by her waist.

"Just sit down and chill. I'll help her with homework and shit. I'll order the food right now so it should be here by the time I'm done." He said cupping her face in his hands. Apart of her wanted to go against it so bad but she couldn't help but comply with the way he was looking at her. His eyes were always filled with passion when he looked at her which he never realized.

"Okay." Her soft voice said.

Ariana didn't waste time cleaning up the house as Kay helped Kimora with her homework, she didn't have much so he finished under thirty minutes. He figured he'd take her a shower by the time the delivery guy came over. She was in the process of lighting up her Snowflake Vanilla candle when she felt a presence behind her.

"You want me to wake her up or put her to bed?" Kay walked over with a sleeping Kimora in his arms.

"You can put her to bed. She'll wake up in the middle of the night saying she hungry." She replied back, following with Kay walking out of her frame.

She went over to her room to change into her satin pajamas. Hearing the door bell go off she heard Kay's heavy footsteps move around the house.

"Ariana! Where you at?" She heard him call out for her shortly after. She sprayed her Dior perfume before waltzing back to the living room.

"I'm right here. What's the matter?" She questioned.

"This why you should've stayed your ass in the Bronx, why the fuck the food was 50 dollars for these small ass portions?" Kay said in an aggressive tone, taking the boxes out the bag. Ariana laughed, opening her Lo mein.

The two made small talk as they ate, it was one of the moments where they just needed to be around each other to be comfortable. Kay watched her eat, taking his time as he ate because he knew she hated when she'd be eating by herself.

"I think I'm going to go back to work on Monday."

"You sure you ready for all that?"

"Yeah. Plus I'm going out tomorrow so I need to start getting used to being outside again and shit."

"Going out where?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Giselle said she wanted to take me out somewhere so I could get out the house."

"I'll watch Kimora for you so you don't have to worry about babysitting and shit."

"You sure you're not busy?"

"I'll move some things around. I miss my baby girl anyways, school be wearing her ass out."

Ariana chuckled, laying her leg on top of his as they continued to eat.

"Police: Man, Tremaine Neverson found dead with multiple gunshot wounds in the Bronx." The tv rang.

Ariana's eyes shot up, seeing a familiar scenery on the tv. It was Tremaine's neighborhood with bright yellow do not cross signs around the place. She looked over at Kay who had a nonchalant look on his face and he shrugged.

She didn't have to question it, she knew this was all Kay's work. Apart of her felt a sense of relief. She didn't tell anybody but she was scared to be home alone or even go out knowing Tremaine was still around.

"Thank you." She said lowly, almost surprised she was thankful a person was dead. "Thank you so much."

"It's no problem, stop talking about it now." He said, pulling her closely to him. Little did she know Kevin's plan was far from over and although his plan came with risk he was willing to take them all just so she could feel a sense of safety again.