15

𝙰𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚍

I been dragging Tremaine with me basically all day

I been dragging Tremaine with me basically all day. I bought him starbucks to make up him paying for my
nails. Me and him been doing good honestly, I'm glad we rekindled. Kimora was at my mom's house so I was pretty much relaxed for today.

I hated how me and Kay got into it, but I hated even more how he kind of took it out on Kimora. He promised her he would take her apple picking the next day, but never showed and gave her a lame excuse when he called her that night. I told him how I felt, because I couldn't stand seeing her sad. He apologized, claiming he forgot and made it up to her by taking her out today.

"Where we going next?" Tremaine said as we sat in his car.

"I'm done with everything so far. How my lashes look?" I said looking at the mirror once again. Whether it was my hair, nails, or lashes, I always felt like I had to keep looking at them for me to like them.

"Yeah. You look beautiful baby." He said pulling me by my shirt, kissing me. Before things could get out of hand, my phone went off. I pulled away, quickly picking it up, rolling my eyes seeing my baby father's name on the screen.

"Hold on this is Kay." I said. Tremaine nodded.

"Hello?"

"Yo ma? Where you at?" His deep voice said. The sound of Spanish music was heard in the background.

"I'm a little busy right now, what happened?"

"What you doing?"

"Kay" She said exhaling "Why you calling my phone?"

"You hungry?"

"No I just ate. Why?"

"Nah cause my mom having a party and shit, she cooking. I thought you'd wanna come. Kimora here."

"I would but like I said I'm kinda busy right now." I said trying not to sound rude.

"Alright. Safety." He smacked his lips, hanging up before I could say anything.

"So rude." I mumbled, setting my phone back on my lap.

"Thought he was just your baby dad. Sounds like y'all more than that." Tremaine muttered, before taking a sip of his drink.

"What? We're just cool. No need to have beef with him."

"Ion like the way he was looking at you the other night."

"He wasn't looking at me any type of way. What you mean?"

"Maybe because I'm a man. I know how other niggas look at you. I'm not fucking with it. Don't act obvious to that shit either."

"Where is this coming from?"

He shrugged. "I never had an issue with it until I seen the way he was staring at you. He want you."

"He got a girlfriend. Don't get me started on this topic can we just go home?"

"Alright." He mumbled.

The car ride back home was rather quiet which bothered me because there was hardly ever a dull moment between us. I honestly couldn't see myself back with Kevin I just wished I could express that to Tremaine.

"I'll pick you up from work tomorrow." He mumbled, stopping in front of my building. He usually would give me a kiss or atleast walk me to my door so I knew something was still bothering him.

"Why you have an attitude?"

"I don't."

"You do." I sighed. "You doing all of this over nothing. We're just friends."

"That friend shit played out. Why am I here if he in the picture?"

"Because he's nothing but Kimora's dad. I obviously have feelings for you." I said sitting up.

"I'm not buying that shit. Plus niggas telling me they seen you two out on a date the other night. I didn't even address you about that."

"It wasn't us two Mora was there, and it wasn't a date."

"But you didn't tell me about that though." He chuckled. "I'll see you around. I don't feel like talking to you right now." He said.

"This is why we never last. We always on and off because of dumb shit." I said to him before getting out of his car. I didn't feel like being alone so I caught myself teary eyed, walking down the block to Giselle's house. She lived up the hill and some blocks down but because I was upset I ended up there within minutes.

I went into her building, quickly seeing it was about to rain outside. She lives on the first floor so all I had to do was knock on her door. I heard shuffling coming from the other side, letting me know she was home. She opened the door and the smile on her face quickly dropped seeing my face.

"Girl what happened?"

"You home alone?" I asked, sniffing.

"Yeah. Come in." She said stepping out of the way.

"I'm really tired of arguing with these niggas."

"Girl what happened?" She said as both got seated on her couch.

"Just yesterday I got into it with Kay because of Tremaine now Tremaine mad at me because of him. Like what the fuck? Who else wanna hate me?"

"Start off with what happened with Kay."

"He got mad because I went on a date with Tremaine last night and told me he didn't want Kimora around him. It really don't make sense to me because as much as I don't want Ash around my daughter I don't say nothing because she never blatantly did something wrong to her."

"Right."

"She can have an issue with me all she want, as long as nothing is done to my baby I'm good. Tremaine got mad at me just now because Kay called me asking me if I wanted to go to his mother's party since Kimora was with him. Why in a million years would I get back with Kevin? Like he's moving insecure."

Giselle sighed. "I'm going to be real with you. I kind of understand where Tremaine coming from because the whole time he's known you there's been no baby father in the picture. Now Kay comes along how is he supposed to react? But this could've been a simple convo it was no need for him to cause an argument."

"That's what I'm saying. I would've been a down for a conversation, because once he found out Kay was Kimora's dad it didn't seem like there was an issue."

"I say give him space, then reach out and try to see where his heads at. As for Kay Kay he just seems jealous, he likes you."

"He doesn't and I wish everybody would stop saying that. Shit is annoying."