6

𝙰𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚍

𝙰𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚍

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚡, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

I looked at my new set of nails, as I tucked my wallet back into my purse. I had just gotten my hair and nails done and I was about to go meet Giselle so we could go shopping, I mainly was looking for something to buy Kimora something to wear for her birthday.

I sipped on my sweet tea before stepping out of the mall.

"You look good Ari." A voice said behind me. Soon after that same figure, moved in front of me.

"Tremaine I'm starting to think you following me." I sighed, shifting all my weight to one leg.

He laughed, flashing his pearly whites. I looked down at his attire, seeing he was in sweats. I assumed he just came out of the gym since he had his beats sitting on his neck.

"Where you headed?"

"Meeting a friend."

He lifted a brow. "This a friend I got a worry about?"

"Boy I'm single. But nah, it's Giselle. You remember her right?"

"Yeah, but why ain't been texting me back?"

"I've been busy."

"Oh yeah?" He licked his lips. "I missed us, you know?"

I rolled my eyes fixing my posture. "We not doing this again." I was getting ready to walk away, he quickly grabbed my hand.

"Why you acting like we had a bad break up? You hate me or something?"

"No. I just don't want a relationship right now."

"Who said it had to be a relationship? We could just be good friends. Whatever happens after, happens." He shrugged.

The sounds of Giselle's car honking made her look to the side.

"I gotta go. Bye Tremaine." I said briefly to him, I heard him suck his teeth as I walked over to her car.

"Hey girl." I said hugging her.

"You back with Tremaine?" Giselle asked, eyeing her with a smirk on her face.

"Girl no. I just keep seeing him around."

"Mhm if you miss him it's okay girl."

"I don't though." I laughed. "I promise you. Nobody want that man."

"Why though? You was so in love with him."

"I don't know to be honest. I just want to focus on me and my daughter."

"Bitch last time you said that y'all ended up dating for a whole year."

"I don't know. He got finer and all but I don't like easy niggas."

"Yeah I feel you. But since when was he easy?"

"He just look easy. Cat calling woman like you too old for that." I said as I applied lipgloss. "You hungry?"

"Yeah. You wanna get something to eat before we go shopping? I didn't eat shit all day."

"Mcdonald's?" I asked since I haven't had some in a while. It didn't take long for her to find one and pull up in the drive thru.

"What you want?" She quickly asked me, before we got to the front.

"10 piece nuggets with ranch and sweet and sour."

"No fries?"

"Nah." I said checking my eyelashes through the mirror she had in the car.

"Hi. Can I get a big mac meal? Medium with a sprite." She paused letting the lady ring up the first order. "And a ten piece nuggets with ranch and sweet and sour."

"Okay. That'll be 19.79. Pay at the next point."

"Ok." She looked over at me. "What Kimora want for her birthday? More toys?"

"No she got enough. I'm about to start having her help me clean them after she make a mess to be honest. Get her maybe some cute hair accessories. I can't wait to do her hair for school everyday."

"Okay if I get that I still feel like I got to get something else. What she even wearing?"

"I don't know I was going to get her something to wear today."

"Get her that cute chanel dress all them celebrity kids wearing."

"I'm not buying her no chanel dress just so she could fuck it up the same day. Plus I don't got celebrity money."

"So what did you want to get her?"

"Probably just the ballet flat shoes at Dior. I wanted to get them online but they're only sold in store. Getting her a dress isn't a problem to be honest, she got a bunch."

"So...no plans on telling Kay?"

"Kay who?" I eyed her.

"Don't play dumb. I just feel so bad. I see him almost every week and he has no clue. I'm seeing his daughter grow up and he doesn't even know he has one."

During our call a few nights ago she was convincing me to tell Kevin before Dougie did but I just didn't have it in me. At this point I rather Dougie tell him. I haven't seen or spoken to him in years, I couldn't just tell him randomly.

"We had this same convo when I was like 4 months pregnant. My answer is still the same."

"Why don't you want him in her life? I'm sorry but all because he cheated doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be a father." She said making me look at her. I knew she didn't mean any harm so I didn't take any offense to it, she was just being real.

"You right, but I don't know." I said. "I felt like it was too late for me to tell him by the time I was over the cheating."

"You know I love you. You're like my sister, but I feel like you and I both know Kay would've been a good father to her."

"I know...A part of me also don't think he wanted a child. We were young. His career was just starting to take off."

"So? He was grown enough to put his dick in you so he grown enough to take care of a baby."

"You're right." I let out a sigh. I had to get this situation fixed now that Dougie knew I had a child. "I'll figure it out. I promise."