18

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚡, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

"Which one?" Kay said looking at all the carpets. "Ma hurry up please, they all heavy."

"Umm." She dragged on, she was so indecisive. "Do you think the black one is cute?"

"Yeah. Everything else in your house is black so why not. You want it?"

"Yeah." She nodded before he carried it into their shopping cart.

Kay managed to get them moved into her new apartment quicker than she thought. After getting all the boxes in, he offered to take her house shopping. She ordered a new couch, and bed frame for Kimora as she was getting older, and now was just looking for decor.

He paid for all the extra things she wanted, wanting her not to have to worry about anything. He personally liked being around her, he accepted the fact he was falling back in love with her which came with being jealous all the time. Men stared at her everywhere she went, it felt good for him to put his arm around her so they wouldn't think about approaching her.  The two basically have been attached to this hip since they slept with one another.

"You got Kimora's birthday gift already?" He asked her as they got into his car.

"Yeah I got her some skirts and an American girl doll that looks like her and some big ass doll house for it."

"That's valid. I'm not gon tell you what i got her, you going to be surprised right along with her. We still doing her shit at my house?"

Being this was his first birthday with Kimora he felt like he had to go all out to make up for the 3 years he missed.

She nodded. "Who are you inviting?"

"All my mans. Family. Shit going to be active though."

"A 4 year old birthday party active?" She eyed him.

He smacked his lips and laughed. "You know what I mean. Who you bringing?"

"My family of course and probably a couple of my friends from work and outside of work that helped me through my pregnancy."

"Your shy ass made some friends?"

"Just a few. Nothing to serious."

"Nothing changed about you." He chuckled.

They picked up some food on the way as they got closer to her new Manhattan penthouse.

"You don't be missing Kimora when she be at your parent's? I'm losing my mind right now." Kay confessed.

"Yeah all the time but I be needing time off from my baby. Just atleast 3 hours to get my nails done or something. She be cutting up in the nail salon when I bring her."

"I be missing you too. What can I do about that?" He flirted.

"Not much since I'm right here." She smiled as the car came to a stop. He pecked her soft lips quickly before getting out of the car.

She watched him bring everything up to her new apartment since he insisted he'd do it.

"Thank you Kevin. This means a lot. I've been needing a friend lately."  She stretched as she yawned.

"It's no problem. I miss chilling with you." He said wrapping his arms around her lower waist, his hands resting above her ass. "You so beautiful."

"You not too bad yourself Kay." She spoke admiring his features. He was genuinely impressive to look at, almost everything about him was perfect and she didn't even think he knew that.

His wrapped his large hand around her neck, putting his lips on hers. They were definitely more than friends but neither of them wanted to discuss what they were and just go with the flow. They kissed passionately, Ariana moaning lowly into his mouth. She pulled away, seeing his face was slightly red.

"Her first day of school is Monday. You coming?" She chirped, changing the subject.

"Stop asking stupid shit. You know I'm there." He said wiping the lipgloss residue from the corner of his mouth. She got up, which made him grab her arm. "Where you going?"

"Just to go get ready for bed. I'm sleepy. You wanna spend the night? I can set some blankets out in the other room." She offered.

"Yeah give me a few minutes, I got to make a phone call."

"Okay." She simply said. As she walked into her room, she quickly got undressed as Kay quickly
dialed Dougie's number. He kept his voice low as he rambled about how he felt about her.

"Nigga I been with her for like 3 days now. I can't even stand being with your ass for a full day. I love it here nigga, I'm not leaving."

"You doing dick not gon lie." Dougie joked. "But niggas already seen this coming. Who don't love they baby mama?"

"That's a fact. I thought I would've hated her still for what she did but nah. I love that woman." He said confidently.

Dougie and him spoke on the phone for a few more minutes which helped Kay a bit because he struggled to come to terms with his emotions almost all the time, no matter the topic. He wondered what Ariana was doing since she didn't come out with any blankets yet. He made his way to her room, pushing the door open quietly to see her laid out in bed with a large comforter covering her.

He sat his gun on the dresser and walked over to her sleeping body.

"Ma?" He called out for her.

"Hmm?" She said barely being able to keep her eyes open.

"You need anything?" He hovered over her.

"No I'm good." She groaned, flipping over in her california sized bed.

He stripped off his white shirt and shorts, leaving him in just boxers and a wife beater before sliding into bed with her. She was too tired to tell him to get out so she just let him, feeling him pull her closer to him.

He kissed her forehead, and wrapped his arm securely around her waist. "Goodnight."