CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR

"He did what?!" Carley says in shock.

"You know, making me repeat it doesn't make the situation any better Carls." I roll my eyes at my best friend. "Hey watch where you're icing." I say and quickly lunge towards the Oreo goodness falling off Carley's cupcake.

She catches it quickly with her finger and licks it. "Yum." She says before she taps her finger on her mouth, beginning to reveal her thoughts. "You know, I'm not that surprised actually. It's not a secret he's got a thing for you and you have been doing a really good job avoiding him.

"So yeah. I think he just needed to... Step it up a little." She says with a wicked smile on her face.

I consider Carley's thoughts and then something clicks. "You knew he was going to ambush me, didn't you? You set it up. You told him we were going to be getting stuff to bake cupcakes and that he should make his move."

"Wait what. I promise you. Him being there was a complete coincidence. If anyone set it up, it could have been his sister." She says amused. "But I'm glad he did it though. He's almost not as bad as I thought he was."

"Well I'm glad my best friend thinks my ambushing was a good thing. But anyway, heard anything from Blake?" I ask her.

Her smile fades and she starts sprinkling 100s & 1000s on her cupcake, looking down the entire time. "No, nothing yet since this morning."

"Sorry love. Don't give up hope yet. I bet his miserable without you. " I reach across the kitchen island and try and comfort her.

Ding.

Damn but this door hasn't stopped today. It's most probably Amelia again.

Ding. Ding

"Alright! I'm coming." I yell and open the door.

Well well well... Speak of the tall, nerdy devil. Blake stands at the door, completely flushed and with a bouquet of... not so great looking flowers in his hands. "Hey." He barely gets out between deep breaths.

"Who's at the door again." Carley calls from the kitchen.

"I think you'd better come see this for yourself." I call back.

Her eyes bulge when she sees Blake and I stand back when all they do is stare at each other. "Hi." She begins. "Look I don't know what to say."

"Then don't speak." Blake says, dropping the flowers and taking Carley's face in his hands. His face lingers a few inches from hers and kisses her deeply.

Very smooth boy.

Carley pulls her mouth from his and tears run down her cheeks. "I'm sorry." She breaths.

"No. It's not your fault. I blame myself for not telling Brittany to take a hike. You are the only one for me." Blake replies.

"Please can we just forget about it."

"As long as you take me back."

"Always." She says, pulling him into kiss again.

They stand a hug for a while, and before they forget, there's still something Blake's forgotten.

"Hey so, hate to break up this incredibly cute moment but still kinda awkward for me, isn't here something you're still forgetting?"

He looks at me puzzled and its gets the point where I have to stand behind Carley and mouth, "Prom you idiot."

"Oh right!" He exclaims and turns to the now completely scrambled bouquet on the floor. "Well, now that I've got you back, I have one more question and I know it's right now not the most romantic way in the world but you knew how much of a nerd I am and -" Blake rambles on before Carley puts her finger to his lips to stop his blubbering.