CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

"Come on let's get away from here. The smell of booze and sweat is chocking me." Shane says in my ear over the deafening music. After the hype of New Years, the partying people went back to their shots, public make outs and slut like dancing. The vulgar world of teenagers everyone.

He leads me through a large doorway, which turns out to be another family room. Wow this house never ends.

I sit on one of the love seats (hmm, what a fitting name) and gesture for Shane to sit next to me. I obviously look stupid because Shane laughs, but still sits down.

"Amelia's place is huge. Who knew she had a family room right outside another dining room?" He says looking around.

Oh Shane, you're such a horrible liar. He obviously found this room while I was in the bathroom. I'm sure he wants to carry on from where we left off.

"Yeah and it's really... Private." I say leaning in closer to Shane.

Subtle.

He laughs nervously. "Yeah it is...so I was taking to Zac and- ". Almost pouncing on him I wrap my arms around his neck and slam my mouth on his, kissing him deeply. I really can't take it any longer. I'm not saying I want to make babies with him right here, right now; but the passion we had in the closet was electrifying. He maybe a sweetheart on the outside, but he's got a beast inside of him.

He kisses me back, his hands guiding their way around my back. I run my hands through his hair and he falls back onto the arm rest of the love seat, me on top of him.

Hang on...

There's passion but no intensity, no heat. I kiss him harder, but still nothing. What's going on?

I break our 'almost passionate' embrace and sit back leaning against the other arm rest. Maybe it's because we were in the small enclosed space? Or that we were in total darkness, that made our kiss more hot and alive. Because the Shane now isn't the same one from the closet.

And even though I smell alcohol, it's not as 'in-your-face' like before.

"Um wow babe, if I'd known we'd make out like that, I would have left the noise a long time ago." He says and runs hands through his hair.

Did he have some crazy amnesia attack and forget what happen not even half an hour ago??

"Haha, yeah I don't know what came over me." I say

"It's cool. So do you want to get back to where we left off??" He leans in closer and surprisingly I lean away.

"I'm sorry babe, I don't feel so well. I think someone might have spiked my drink."

"Oh, damn sorry Sarah. Let's get you home before hurl on any of the expensive furniture." He lifts me up and puts his arm around my waist, though his face is disappointed.

"Thanks. Let me go upstairs quickly and grab my shoes." Walking as fast as I can away from Shane, I feel weird about being close to him. It could have just been the alcohol, but there was something in that space that was different.

Arriving outside the open the closet, it's door is once again closed like nothing happened.

So best decision right now: don't bring it up until he does. He may just want to forget everything that's happened tonight. What if something did happen tonight while I was on the closet?

What about the slut Britney? He didn't seem to unhappy with her getting all touchy feely with him. I mean how do I know he didn't go and have a casual make out with her with her while I was trapped inside the closet.