CHAPTER NINE

Chapter 9

Surprises and Nutella-dipped strawberries

I swear this is going to feel like one of the longest five days of my life. Homecoming week is the same every year. Everyone gets super excited for the dance. All the girls talk about is what they will wear or who's asked them and all they guys have on their minds is who they'll take home that night. They try and keep it a secret but we all know the nasty thoughts running through their tiny minds... I, on the other hand, really just want to die.

Sabrina has become the Chief of Campaigning. Her life goal in high school has been to be first Homecoming Queen and the Prom Queen. It's mainly Prom, but Homecoming is kinda like a 'build up', apparently showing her 'competition' that they shouldn't mess with her (I really have no idea who her competition are, but I say let delusional dogs lie). She has posters everywhere, goes around, every lunch, with her goons, handing out 'vote for me' muffins (well to everyone but myself, naturally) and some how got the lady in admin to let her use the PA system during the daily announcements, telling us all that a Vote for Sabrina is a vote for happiness. FML!

Although, it seemed to me like I wasn't the only one feeling Sabrina's Queen sized ego...

During lunch today, I was about to come out of the bathroom stall when I heard the cries of a teenage drama bitch, the one and only Sabrina.

"How could you mess this up?!?! I expected this from someone down right stupid like Brittany, just never from you!!! I asked you to do one thing for me and you couldn't even do that properly!!!"

Wow, who ever this person is, they must have messed up big time because Sabrina was now in full rage mode.

"I'm sorry, okay?? Darlene, from the hair and nail salon said that your appointment was set for Friday?? I don't know how it was cancelled??"... Shame, I wonder who the poor souls is. Hang on, I know that voice... She's been Sabrina's right hand 'woman' ever since we all remember. "Plus, I thought you, Britt and I said we were going to get done together. Wasn't that the plan??"

"Well guess what, the plans have changed. I only let professionals near this hair and face. So you and Brittany can go and do whatever the hell you want on Friday because nothing else means more to me than getting that crown. Got it?? Now I want my hair and make up appointment booked and ready with a hand massage when I get there. NO excuses or you will be sorry."

I made sure Sabrina had left before slowly coming out of the stall. I knew it. She was screaming at Amelia. The last time I had an encounter with her, was actually in the exact same bathroom we stand in now, when Brittany toppled coffee on me. Even though she seems like a heartless idiot, I dislike her 0.5% less than the other two. Amelia sees me come out of the bathroom stall, and tries to wipe away the tears as quickly as she can. I've been in this situation many times, so I know how she feels.

"You okay? I heard what happened." Well duh she knows that.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm fine."

"I know how it feels to be overwhelmed by Sabrina and -"

"Look, I don't need your pity! In fact, I don't actually understand why you're speaking to me? Just because you heard something, doesn't mean you know what is going and it certainly doesn't mean you can involve yourself where your definitely not wanted."

"I wasn't trying to involve myself anywhere."

"Good! And I promise you, if this whole incident is mentioned to ANYONE, I will make you regret coming to this bathroom in the first place. Got it?"

"Okay..."

She swiftly walks out with the clicking of her high heels trailing behind. Well, what did I expect. Once a bitch, always a bitch.