CHAPTER ELEVEN

More Than What I Bargained For

"Looks like you two are having a good time." Caleb irritably remarks. I don't blame him though. It feels like Zac and I were together for an eternity. I don't know if it was the vibes of all the swaying couples around us or the almost dreamlike feeling from the song Zac secretly requested (it's no coincidence he chose Stay With Me- Sam Smith) but something made me feel that when Zac and I were together, everything became undefinably blissful.

So naturally, my supposed "boyfriend" would be pretty pissed. I step away from Zac, immediately feeling down in the dumps from losing that safe, secure atmosphere. I had a gut feeling, this wouldn't end well at all.

"You had your chance with MY girlfriend. Now why don't you go and find your own. I'm sure she won't be happy with you dancing so close with other girls." I felt an angry twitch arise in me after Caleb emphasized the words "my girlfriend". He really doesn't understand how much he hurt me, does he?

"Yeah Zac, he's right. I'm pretty sure she won't be too happy with that." An extremely irritated voice states behind me. If this situation could not get any worse, Sabrina after sorting out a hair crisis in the bathroom came storming out to find Zac and I too close for comfort (in her eyes) and Caleb staring Zac down like he's the creator of homework.

"You know what I think this is all a huge misunderstanding. Sabrina, honey, why don't I take you home because you obviously look awful and so the little Irishman here can stop looking at me, like I stole his pot of Gold." Ouch, even for Zac that was harsh. He wasn't wrong though. Sabrina did look awful and Caleb did look immensely pissed.

"You know what I promised myself I wouldn't kick an ignoramus's ass I'm front of a lady, but trust me nitwit, I can make an exception for you. Now walk away and I promise, I won't damage your oversized ego." Caleb says stepping forward, now standing chest to with Zac. Luckily they were both about the same height, so there wasn't much intimidation in that field. The only problem I had was what would happen if a fight broke out I was the one in the middle. I had to try and be brave and do something to stop this as quickly as possible.

"Guys, step back. Caleb, he's is just a guy who asked me to dance. I promise he means nothing to me. Now let's go." I forcefully pull Caleb's arm in the other direction and his body follows. I'm hoping Sabrina will take over and keep Zac occupied. Sadly, it was all just wishful thinking...

"It sure as hell didn't feel like nothing. I don't blame you Sarah. I wouldn't want to dance with this good-for-nothing either." Zac shouts and let's out a brutish laugh. I know the damage had been done. This will not end well.

Before I know it Caleb whipped his body around and drove his fist right into Zac's jaw. The hall goes silent and everyone around us is shocked at what just happened but also start to buzz with energy at the awareness of what's to come.

Zac still half bent over, charges towards Caleb and tackles him towards the floor. Both boys start rolling around on the floor trying either to hit or kick the other, while the students around us cheer them on. I look up and see Carley and Blake arrive. I try and scream at the boys to get off each other but like in every situation similar to this, my efforts are useless.

Through all the anger and frustration at the two, I feel a small amount of joy. It dawns on me that I'm the girl these two guys are fighting over. Who would have guessed?? But the feeling dies down again when I look back down again.

Using all the strength I possess, I try and pull Zac off Caleb. He gets up and waits for Caleb to get up. After a split second to catch his breath, Zac immediately grabs Caleb by his tux jacket and flings him towards...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N
Hey guys, Cliffhanger!!!!!!