CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE

"You hired a team?" I stand dumbfounded in the entrance hall of Amelia's home.

"Of course, sweetheart, you didn't think I'd let you girls do each other's hair and make up, did you?" Mrs. Addams stands in her six inch stiletto heels directing the hair and make up team.

Wow, I feel like a movie star! I shoot a grin at Carley, who's studying a very cute hair stylist, and I swat her across the arm.

"Ow!"

"Blake?!"

"Oh yeah," Carly sighs, dramatically and I roll my eyes.

"You guys are like two Disney characters, seriously, like Miley and Lilly or something." Amelia giggles as she seats herself at the dining room table where they've set everything up.

"Oh, Please. Miley and Lilly ain't got shit on us," Carley snorts as she seats herself next to Amelia and I sit down on her other side.

"Wait...think about it, Oliver and Lilly." I gasp, and Carley groans.

"Blake! Crap you're right. I am Lilly!"

"Does that mean I'm Miley?"

"Ugh, forget I mentioned it," Amelia groans as the stylist Carley was eyeing starts tugging at her long locks.

Three hours and forty-five minutes later, and we're all primped and polished to perfection, with Carley's hair pulled back in a half-up half-down elaborate braid Game of Thrones style, Amelia's pulled back in intricate curls held in place with diamanté pins, and mine falling down over my shoulders in soft waves, with the half-up part of my hair pulled into a gentle knot. My make-up is also subtle, soft pink lip gloss and light eyeshadow, while Carley sticks with her usual look of heavy eyeliner and dark red lips, and Amelia's features are heightened with deep tones of browns, rich chocolate eyeshadow,  dark reddish-brown lips and a dusting of beige across her high cheekbones.

By the time the guys arrive, we're dressed and ready, rocking our dresses.

While I knew what Carley was wearing, seeing Amelia in her long red dress with off-the shoulder sleeves is kinda breathtaking. She's paired it with elegant silver Rhinestone jewelry, long earrings and a stunning floral pattern necklace, complete with sparkly heeled silver sandals.

Carley, embracing her knee-length dress, is wearing gold gladiator-style sandals that wrap all the way up to just below her knees in a criss-cross pattern, and a gold choker chain necklace.

I, true to my word, stayed with something simple, although I wish the nude pumps Amelia forced on me were a little less...high.
I stuck with simple stud diamanté earrings and my nan's locket hangs around my neck, nothing over the top.

I think the overall effect of the look is quite spectacular.

Once Blake, Zac and Ryder, along with mine and Carley's parents- no, they did not come together, that be weird- arrive, a full on photo shoot is initiated, and Zac barely has time to get out a "Wow, you look beautiful,". Shane arrives not long after the photos, with his date Sadie, a stunning blonde in a gorgeous frilly pink chiffon dress, igniting another round of group photos.

"I can't believe my babies are going to their senior prom!" Mom pulls me and Carley into a bone-crushing hug, and Carley flushes pink.

She's practically part of the family.

With unshed tears in her eyes my over-emotional mother starts hugging all my friends, and when she reaches Zac she almost does burst into tears.
"Don't take my little girl away from me too soon, okay?" She sniffs, and a very weirded-out Zac reassures her that he won't, just before my dad drags my mom away.
"Don't get too grabby with her," he shoots Zac a look, then pulls me into a hug, and drags my mother out the door, but not before giving Shane a long, threatening look that has him readjusting the collar of his tux.