CHAPTER SEVEN

Gut feelings and a whole lot of ugly

Waiting for Caleb to pick me up for our date, I still can't shake the feeling of not going. Call it a sixth sense, I don't know.. All I know is at this point my head is stronger than my gut. Why shouldn't I go on this date? I'm single, Caleb is really cute (I may or may not have Facebook stalked him) and Zac is out of the question. Sabrina hasn't let him out of her sight this week. She's gone as far as to wait outside the bathroom for him. So Caleb is my best and only choice right now.

One thing that's really irritating me, Caleb's late. Fifteen minutes to be precise. Carley had to get home early after helping me get done, her dads having work colleagues over. I really hope he's not canceling on me. Ugh, I knew this was a bad idea...

As I'm about to walk up the stairs to change, the door bell rings. There he stands late as ever. I swear I'm using ever force in my body not to slam the door in his face.

"Hey.." I'm pretty sure the smile on my face resembled constipation rather than excitement. From what I'm feeling, it's the best I can do.

"Hey. Sorry I'm late. I tried to use the directions Blake gave me to get to your house, but became completely lost so I resorted to using the GPS on my phone. I'm really sorry."

"Calm down don't worry. You're not that late." Shame, he doesn't really know the area at all, so I shouldn't have expected him to be at my house exactly at 6:00 pm. Plus we do have enough time to catch the ending of the opening credits.

"Really great to meet you in person, and I know I sound cheesy when I say that you look really amazing."

"Aw thanks. Your cheesiness is appreciated." Oh my word, did I actually just say his cheesiness is appreciated?? That wasn't even cheesy or corny, it was just plain weird.

"Haha thanks. So ready for the movie??"

"Yeah!! Apparently it's amazing." (But then again, what isn't with Andrew Garfield. Talk about cutie deluxe)

"I can't wait. Blake was telling me there's this café not to far away, that you really love and that serves great food. So I was thinking we could go there after the movie to talk a bit. The movies aren't a great place for that. What do you think??" This guy has everything planned. How sweet.

"Yeah, sure. Sounds cool to me."

That was about as interesting as the conversation got for next ten minutes, and then a long awkward silence. I could see he was really nervous and I was a bit as well. A first date with any guy brings out nervous tendencies. So to try and break the ice, I opened my mouth, hoping something interesting would come out, but all that came out was "So do you get free WI-FI in Ireland??" Of all things, you've got to be kidding me???! It wasn't even on the level of a boring question. It was just down right IDIOTIC!!

Being the nice guy that he is, Caleb chuckles and sarcastically replies: "No, but apparently you can get signal at the end of the rainbow, you just need to make sure the leprechauns don't see you. They get really angry if they see you trying to steal their Wi-FI."

"Okay okay, yeah. I'm sorry. Blonde question."

"Haha don't worry. But yeah, just to answer your question, yes we do get free Wi-FI."

I kept quiet until we got to the movies, because I really didn't want to insult him anymore than I already had. Unfortunately, he kept quiet as well, so that awkward silence was back. Crap.

I don't know who between the two of us, were happier to get to the movies. Being the gentleman that he is, he wanted to pay for everything. And I mean everything. He paid for the movies, but when we got to the concessions stand, he didn't even ask me what I wanted. He just ordered the largest popcorn they had, two large Cokes, and a huge packet of Jelly Beans. He didn't anticipate the cost and that he didn't have enough to pay for all this plus dinner, so I said to him I'll pay for the movie food and he can pay for dinner.