CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Yeah hey Zac." I sigh.

"Okay so. How are we doing this project? I'd love to work tomorrow afternoon, but I have practice. So we can try Wednesday, but I must jus-"

"Wait. Just.. Stop talking. This is how it's going to work. I will do the entire project and we can just put your name on it. Trust me, I really don't want you to take time out of your busy schedule, so we can do some easy assignment I can most probably do more quickly by myself. Deal?"

He looks at me confused. "Um no deal. We were assigned to do this project together. You can't get rid of me that easily." A tiny smile appears on the side of his mouth "Or Baxter would have put you by yourself for this thing."

"Yeah, I know, but I still don't care. I actually want to do this alone. Frankly I work better that way. So you can do whatever the hell you want, just leave me alone." I spin on my heel and strut away proudly. Wow, I can't believe I said that to him, and to be honest I feel amazing!!! I walk towards my locker, swaying my hips more seductively than usual. It must have looked like an complete failure because of my lack of hips, but oh well. I couldn't give less of a damn.

"What on Earth did you say to him?? I get to the assignment board, Zac is standing there dumbfounded, staring in your direction; and by the way, thanks for waiting for me." Blake says sarcastically as he reaches my locker.

"I'm pretty surprised as well. All I told him was that I wanted to do the project by myself and that he can just leave me alone. Oh and you're welcome."

"Sarah! What the hell were you thinking? The assignment counts 65% of our grade and with all the other work we have, how are you going to finish it by yourself? I hate to say this but I think you're gonna need him."

"Not gonna happen!! I don't know how I'm going to do it, but there is no way I'm going to ask him to help me, especially after I made it damn clear how little I need him."

"Even though you actually do."

"Yeah, but he doesn't need to know that."

After school, Blake and I walk home. Luckily it's not that far, because Carley has been sick for the week and my car is in for repairs, so unless Blake miraculously gets a car in the next few days, we're walking. We stop by the cafe and get 2 sodas to go.

"Have you heard from Carley??" Blake asks, taking a sip of his Cherry cola.

"No, not yet. Her parents answer the phone when I try to call, because she's forever sleeping. Shame, food poisoning hit her bad. I hope she gets better soon." We get to the stop where Blake and I part ways. "Okay I'll see you tomorrow."

"No wait. I think I left um.. My..um AP English textbook at your place last week. Yeah, we got homework today and I need it." Blake explains nervously. Something's up.

"Yeah, sure. You okay, Blake, you're acting strange."

He scratches his head "yeah I'm good. Let's go. I need to get back before my dad starts wondering where I am."

We get to my house and a shiny Red Mustang is parked outside. No, no!!! I'm praying my parents decided to surprise me with a new car or something (one, by the way, I didn't actually want), but this car can't belong to whom I think it does. It just can't!!! Is this why Blake was acting so weird?? I swear if he has anything to do with this, I'm going to throw him into the nearest ANYTHING I can find!!

"What the hell is Zac's car doing at my house?!!" I look at Blake and his guilty look is as plain as day. "Blake!! What did you do?"

"Before you blow a gasket, listen to me first. He ambushed me in the bathroom today. How he knew when I'd 'go' still confuses me. Anyway, he asked me what he'd done to piss you off much and I said I didn't know."