CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

Dreams and Pancakes

"How are you so amazing???" He said as he looked at me with those deep blue eyes that could melt any girl's heart. He moved closer and interlocks our fingers together. Why do such perfect days have to end so quickly.

"I learn from the best." I say, smirking at him. I may seem confident but on the inside, I'm trying my best not to let my legs give up on me.

He smiles at me and sends tingles up my spine. Oh my gosh, I might just turn into a puddle of goo right infront of him.

I can feel his warm breath on my skin and butterflies start fluttering around in my stomach. He leans in closer, and my heart starts pounding in my chest. His eyes move from mine down to my lips and back up again. This is actually happening. Closer until our lips are inches from each other and....

You know you love me, I know you care.

Just shout whenever and I'll be there.

You are my love, you are my heart.

And we will never ever ever be apart.

Wait, what?! Ugh, really?!? Justin, I love you and your songs but you couldn't have waited a few more seconds. I just had to be woken up, at the exact moment Zac Cornelio was about to kiss me. So what if it wasn't actually real. At least let me dream.

I roll to hit snooze, but in mid-motion I remember; today is Monday. The Monday. The first day of senior freaking year, Monday. I'm up before that thought even finishes forming. I rush through my morning routine. It's been a while since I've used my routine. The holidays really made me lazy. Shower, dry and style hair, choose outfit, feeling bold I pick out a pair of white shorts, a pink tank top and white wedged sandals. I add some silver jewelry to glam it up a bit. Make-up next. Not too overdone, but just enough to be noticeable, hopefully by Zac. This is the year, the year that I finally make him my boyfriend. I don't care about the tall, tanned, stunningly graceful, stuck-up, super mean, super popular Sabrina who's dating my Zac. He's mine, he just doesn't know it yet.

Walking down stairs to the kitchen, the warm welcoming smell of pancakes fill downstairs. Hold on, pancakes?? That is definitely a mistake. Mom never makes pancakes and dad can't cook to save his life. Something is really wrong here.

Of course, it had to only be one other person. Daniella, my 'always perfect' older sister, sucking up to our parents yet again. They don't have to be up as early as I do, so Daniella seizes the perfect opportunity to make them breakfast in bed. Our mom and dad are co-owners of Hi-Tech, a line of big electronic stores throughout the country, so yeah, you guessed it, our family is on the wealthy side of life. Unlucky for Daniella, this doesn't mean she can do whatever she wants. Daniella wants to become a photographer and go and study in France whereas our parents wanted her originally to take over the family business. After long nights of fighting, they came up with the decision of letting her take a gap year, so either she would change her mind and try and go for something more practical (in their minds) or the parents would change their mind and let Daniella do what she wants. Since then, she's been sucking up like crazy.

And just to show how much of a 'great daughter' she is, she had to make an amazing breakfast for our parents, on the first day of the biggest year of my school life. Typical Daniella.

"Morning Sarah!! How are you, this wonderful day." She says with the biggest fake smile on her face

"Cut the crap, Mom and dad aren't awake yet."

Her smile drops and she goes back to flipping her pancakes.

"Okay, Good. But really how you?" I'm a bit taken back by her question. We usually don't speak to each other and when we do, the conversation isn't usually pleasant or about me. We were close at one stage, but I don't really know what happened, we just stopped talking one day.

"I'm good thanks?" I say with a hint of suspicion. Our parents aren't around, so I really have no clue why she cares enough to ask and Daniella easily picks up on this. To be honest, I wasn't being that subtle.

"Look I know how excited and nervous I was for my first day of being a senior, and you're my sister so, I just wanted see how you're feeling??"

"Well umm, thanks. To be really hones..."

"Oh wow, I can actually remember my first day being a senior..." Before I could say anything, she was back to talking about herself again. Like I said, typical Daniella. How could I possibly think things could go back to the way they were before?

She drones on and on about how she started senior year, how her boyfriend of that time was a total ass etc. She has a new boyfriend every month, I can't even remember the name of her current one. Kurt or Kyle or something like that.

I grab a stack of pancakes, pour syrup all over the stack, and set myself the task of finishing them before Blake gets here.

*Ding Dong*

"Sarah get that will you?" Crap. He's here. I stare longingly at my pancakes, then answer the door. Blake, one of my two best friends stands at the door, grinning from ear to ear. Not good-looking in the conventional sense, tall, scrawny, and a stereotypical nerd but the guy can smell food from a mile away, and devour it in five seconds flat.

"There's pancakes in the kitchen." I tell him, dejectedly.

"This is why we're friends." He grins, hugs me, and we make our way towards the kitchen.

"Hey Daniella" Blake says with an awkward wave.

"Yeah, um hey." Daniella says, already half out the kitchen with my parents' breakfast tray.

"So anyway, seniors. Are you stoked? This years gonna be awesome!" He manages to garble between mouthfuls of my pancakes. I pour myself a glass of OJ, and ask casually; "Does this mean you're finally gonna ask Carley out?" He's so shocked at the question that he chokes on his pancakes.

"What?!"

"Come on, it's obvious you like her, when are you gonna tell her? I mean if you won't, I guess I may just have to let something slip?" I say joking, but it obviously didn't click in Blake's head.

"Promise me you won't say anything, Sah, promise!" He grabs my arm, panicked. I roll my eyes.

"Chill, dork, I'm not saying anything. That's your job. You will tell her, right?"

"Sure..." he straightens up, and smooths his crisp white button up shirt. I told you he's a nerd, the guy dresses in chinos and button up shirts everyday of his life. "...when the time is right." I laugh. The times been right for him to ask Carley out since freshman year. If he'd just work up the nerve to say something, she'd say yes in a heartbeat.

*Beep beep*

Looks like Carley's here. She was the first one to get her license, so she picks us up in the mornings. Carley has a very alternative style. She's wearing her favourite combat boots, ripped jeans and a leather jacket, with her unruly red hair hanging over her shoulders. Even though she seems like a rebel, she's one of the biggest bookworms I've ever met. We've been best friends since freshman year when we were the last two people studying in the library. Then we met Blake. We're all in the same AP English class and gradually became friends like that. We were a perfect group and have been inseperable ever since.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Okay so hey!!! OMG! We are so excited to be writing 'You Stole My Heart'. Like beyond ecstatic. The chapters are double checked a gazillion times, so there shouldn't be any mistakes, but if there are, we are super sorry.

Please please PLEASE can you guys Vote and comment and tell us what you think of the characters or of the story. This is our first book so, We really will appreciate positive feedback :D

With that said, hope you guys enjoy reading!!!

xoxo

Storm and Snow

(OMG, that rhymes)