CHAPTER TWO

The Plastics

Blake and I climb into Carley's beat up old Toyota, getting nothing but a non-committal grunt as a greeting. She's clutching a Starbucks coffee cup in one hand, and has dark sunglasses covering her eyes. Yeah, she hates mornings.

"Morning to you too, sunshine." I grin, and she glares at me.

"Lighten up, Carley. We're seniors!" Blake cheers froth the back seat, and once again, the only response we get is a grunt. The ride to school is spent listening to Avenged Sevenfold, and me and Blake complaining about her music choice. Let's just say I'm not a big fan of "Hail to the King". I'll take JB or 1D over them any day. After her Caramel Macchaitao , she seems relatively civil, but seeing as this is Carley, civil can hardly be used to describe her. Getting to school, we enter the student parking lot and see the seniors we're graduating with this year. No one in the car wants to admit, but we're all pretty excited, for the year ahead. Even Carley.

"Hey guys, tell me if you see any spaces. Oh wait, never mind. Check this awesome spot so close to the entrance." Carley moves to pull the car into the spot, but before she can, a brand new, hot pink Mercedes cut her off.

"Are you f****ing serious!?" Carley continues to yell curses at The Plastics, Sabrina, Brittany and Amelia. The three most popular and bitchiest girls on campus. Sabrina, leader of The plastics, head cheerleader and his girlfriend, simply flips her platinum blonde locks in our direction and struts gracefully into the school entrance, wearing her Prada heels, Gucci purse with matching sunglasses and her $300 skimpy sundress.

"How can someone pay so much for such little fabric?" Carley remarks, and I instantly feel shame. I had been admiring that same dress not even a week ago when we went shopping for a new school wardrobe. I'm just really lucky something in my head stopped my from buying it. Imagine the first rumor spreading at school 'Did you see that weird nerdy girl trying to copy Sabrina. How pathetic'.

Brittany gets out the car scurries after Sabrina like a faithful Labrador puppy. If Sabrina had a twin, it would be Brittany. She's just as stuck up and fake, right down to the dyed blond hair and superficial beauty.

Amelia climbs out last, graceful and elegant. Unlike the first two plastics, she has long, lush dark brown hair, exotic features and looks remarkably like Pocahontas, the Native American disney princess. Her wardrobe choice is simple and elegant, while Sabrina and Brittany's are glitzy and specifically chosen to attract as much attention from boys as possible.

That doesn't mean she's not a bitch. Maybe she's less bitchy than the other two, but she's still a plastic. As she closes, the car door, she stops and glares at us, and I almost think I catch a hint of of sympathy in her expression, but before I can be sure she turns and walks towards Sabrina.

This pisses me off, I don't need her sympathy. This is my year, you can eat it, plastics!!

We're still left with the problem of no parking and Carley is forced to park all the way at the back of the school and it takes us forever to walk back to the main school building.

***

First event in the morning; the school's activity assembly. We all pile into the auditorium and wait to be lectured by the headmaster, Mr. Stewarts. His mind numbing drone of a voice doesn't make it any easier to listen to.

Later, at lunch Carley and I discuss what classes and teachers we have this year while waiting for Blake to make an appearance.

"Can you smell that, Brittany?" Sabrina asks, fanning the air in front of her face. "That's the smell of desperation wafting off of the lowly and unpopular." The plastics giggle hysterically, as if that comment aimed at us was actually cleaver.

"Forget it. High School's as good as it'll ever get for her. After this year, she'll have nothing. No more kingdom to rule and subjects to bow down to her." Blake remarks as he sits down next to Carley.

"There you are! I was beginning to think you'd ditched us for some wannabe plastics!" Carley nonchalantly pops one of Blake's French fries into her mouth.

"I would never leave you! I mean, I would never ditch you guys for some wanna be spastic-I mean plastic." See? Socially awkward and tendency to say weird stuff around Carley.

"Thanks Blake" I punch him playfully in the arm.

"Sarah, watch out!" Carley calls, but before I can react, a crashing force hits me from behind, knocking me off the bench and landing on top of me.

"I'm so, so sorry!" The weight is lifted off my chest and strong hands help me up.

I blink, my eyes refocusing.

"Are you okay? You hit your head pretty hard."

"Uggggh" I mumble. My eyesight is still blurry but I can make the the form in front of me, the person who knocked me to the ground. It's him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys!!

Okay, so here's chapter two of You Stole My Heart, and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we enjoyed writing it!

We were trying for an epic cliff hanger...sorry about that.

Feel free to comment and vote!!

...and that's all I can think to say.

Be patient, chapter 3 is underway!

Xoxo

Storm and Snow