CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Mickey Mouse Penthouse

The last day of school before Christmas Brake takes forever. I can't wait, as soon as the final bell goes, Shane's driving me to the airport and then we'll be on our way. I've been packed for this for the last two weeks.

"Don't forget, your book report is due at the start of January. I don't care if you're in Alaska with no access to a computer. I need those reports and I won't accept any excuses." I roll my eyes.

Teachers, don't they get that we have lives outside of school? An image of me sitting at the Disneyland Hotel pool and trying to finish my homework comes to mind. The idea is so absurd I want to laugh.

When the final bell finally signals the end of a torturously long school day, kids rush out of their seats eager to begin their vacations.
"I'm going to miss you guys like crazy!" I say as I hug Carley and Blake fiercely.

"Well, I suppose we'll get over our insane jealousy and get around to missing you too, probably." Blake grins.
"Get a picture with the Little Mermaid for me, okay? You have to. She's like my red-head inspiration!" Carley pleads. I promise to return with gifts and autographs and photos, and eventually Shane manages to drag me away from my best friends.

"Come on, Sarah," he laughs. "It's a trip to Disneyland, not a prison sentence." He wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer towards him.
"Two weeks alone with my beautiful girlfriend in the "Most Magical Place on Earth" he murmurs before leaning in towards me. Just before his lips meet mine though, someone calls;
"Get a room!" Sabrina shoves us apart on order to pass through. "I can't believe I have to put up with that for the next two weeks!" She grumbles as she stomps away. Since humiliating me didn't work, and I technically wasn't a threat to Zac anymore, she's pretty much ignored me since the whole fight and not-really-suspended thing.
Wait, did she just say-"There's no way we're sharing the penthouse suite with Sabrina's family, is there?" Shane's eyes open wide.

"No! I mean, I don't think so...? My parents know she beat me up, right?" Right??? They were really distracted during the whole ordeal, didn't even press charges of assault or anything...could I be spending Christmas with Sabrina???

"Relax, even if it is her, we won't let her ruin this, okay?" Shane presses his lips to my temple.
As we make our way to the car, I turn to him. "You did remember to pack my suitcases this morning, right?" He laughs.

"Relax, babe. You've asked me that at least a hundred times. And you saw me put those enormous things in the trunk. There's no way I'm forgetting those things."
"I know, I just have this irrational fear of ending up with no luggage in Disneyland." I explain.

At the airport we meet up with my Mom and Dad, Daniella, and surprise, surprise, Kevin. Or was it Kyle?
Our excursion through security and boarding the plane is pretty uneventful. The flight to Florida...not so much.
Mom and dad get into a fight just after take off, so Daniella and I quickly talk Mom into sitting next to me, forcing poor Shane to switch seats and wind up behind me, next to my dad.

That's gonna go well.

NOT!!!

They spend most of the flight ignoring each other.

"Mom," I turn to her, interrupting her novel.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Who's the family that we're staying with?" She just smiles slowly.

"You'll see."

"Mom, come on! It could be my worst enemy!"

"You're too young to have a worst enemy, sweetie." She says flippantly and goes back to her book.

I swear, if I have to share a room with Sabrina, Mom an Dad's marriage, no matter how much I want it to work, is going to go down the drain.

Finally the flight ends and we land in Sunny California, and I finally get a chance to stretch my stiff legs and aching back.
I hate flying.

After luggage collection we hail a cab to take us to the hotel.
Let me rephrase.

We hailed a cab to take us the The Disneyland Hotel.
*squeal*

The suite is awesome! It's called the Mickey Mouse Penthouse and trust me, it lives up to its name. We stare in awe as we enter, Mickey Mouse decor is everywhere!! The red leather sofa's are styled to look like Mickey's Pants, the artwork on the walls and the sculptures all have some sort of connection to Micky, and everything is ultra-modern.

And don't even get me started on the view. I could stare at it all day.
Daniella started snapping pictures with her camera from the minute we landed and hasn't stopped since.
"Shane, Sarah, smile!" She calls as she holds her camera ready, waiting for us to pose. Instead Shane pulls me to him and plants a kiss on my forehead, right as the camera goes off.

"Awwww, that's so romantic!!! There's no way I'll ever let you guys loose this photo!" Daniella coos. I roll my eyes and snatch the camera from her, and let the flash go off in her face. The resulting photo is hilarious.

"Now this, this is a keeper!" I laugh as she chases me around the suite's living area, in an attempt to get the camera back. Laughing, I doge around a Mickey-shaped bookshelf that divides the living area from the dining room.

The penthouse layout is actually pretty impressive; from the living-slash-dining-slash-open-plan-kitchen-area, there are four bedrooms, two on either side of the-lets call it the communal area, the two adjacent to the dining area are elegantly decorated-but still in keeping with the Micky-Mouse theme-with king sized double beds and fancy decor, while the other two bedrooms are obviously the "kid's" bedrooms, with funky colors and fun Micky-shaped furniture. Each of the kids rooms has one double bed and a single bed, and Daniella quickly lays claim to the single bed in what Mom's dubbed the 'girls room'. Which means I'm sharing a bed with Sabrina.
So much for sisterhood.

Shane claims the single bed in the "boys room" and Dad pulls Kevin aside and explains to him that the other family has two boys and that he needs to sleep on the couch, which causes Daniella's complaints on how my boyfriend gets to sleep on a bed, why can't hers?
"I'm not a pet puppy, Dani, chill, I don't mind." Kevin laughs at her pouting.

"Okay, that's great, we're already up here...oh the room is amazing, and the kid's are going to love it! ...Okay, I'll see you in a few, bye now!" My mom hangs up her cellphone, and tunes to us.

"That was my friend form yoga class, she and her family have just arrived." She smiles likes its good news, but my stomach's twisting into knots. I don't want Sabrina to ruin this. As if sensing my trepidation, Shane squeezes my hand.

I can hear them in the hall, the giggling of little kids and the dragging of suitcases.

Uh oh.

And my life ends in three, two, one...
The double doors to the penthouse fly open.

"Sarah!" A high pitched little girls voice squeals and Mia rushes up to give me a hug.

Wait, Mia? I hug her and glance up at the family. I see a well dressed, middle-aged married couple, a boy of about twelve and...

"Hey Skittles." Zac smirks, his icy blue eyes hiding no embarrassment or shame whatsoever.
*********************************
Hey Bookworms!!!
Are you screaming in excitement? In anguish?
We are!!!!
How many of you actually thought we'd make Sabrina and Sarah share the double bed?
Okay, so, disclaimer, disclaimer:
The Mickey Mouse Penthouse is real.
However, it only has two bedrooms. We had to tweak the layout a bit to suit our purposes.
On a completely related note: HOW AWESOME DOES IT LOOK?????????
RIGHT??????
Okay, with regards to the duration of the vacation; they are staying there for about one and a half weeks, they just keep saying two weeks because it's easier. (We suddenly realized that we might be confusing the crap out of you guys...sorry?)
Okay, so dedication "thingy" for this chapter goes to Creativejuicer for her constant support and loyalty.
(The fact that she's Snow's sister has nothing to do with it.)
(Probably.)
(I love you Sis!!!)
More drama to come! Thanks for all your support, votes and positive feedback!
We love you guys!!!
Xoxo
Storm and Snow💋💗😘