CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

"Yeah man what's up?"

"Before I say anything, I didn't want any of this to happen, but... Um... Yeah; and telling you might be the hardest thing I've ever done." The silence quickly becomes awkward. Well it's now or never.

"Um so you know Amelia's party? I don't know if Sarah told you that she was stuck in a closet most of the night?"

Silence.

"Well sometime during the party I got drunk and Amelia told me that Sabrina locked Sarah in a closet upstairs. I went to go and find her and when I did, I.... I kissed her."

He still doesn't speak but I hear a sigh. Why does he sound like he's expected something like this?

"Shane? Bro say something. You have no idea how sorry I am."

"What the hell do you expect me to say? You kissed my girlfriend."

If I'm going to tell him the truth, it needs to be everything, I guess. "To be honest with you it wasn't a small kiss. We... Made out in the closet."

"Oh yeah because that makes the situation a lot better." He says sarcastically.

"Man I'm sorry. I don't know what happened to me."

Shane doesn't speak for a while and then softly he says. "I think I know. You're in love with her aren't you?"

"Dude what are you talking about? She's your girlfriend."

"You know exactly what I mean. Zac I'm not stupid, I saw the weird connection you two had in Disneyland. It's not something anyone can find. So do you?"

Answering his question, I stay quiet and he groans on the other side.

"Well, what do we do now?" Stupidly the question leave my mouth. Whatever happens, isn't my decision to make, it's Sarah's and Shane's.

"Well I don't know what to tell you. I need to talk to Sarah and there's some stuff i need to think about ."

"Okay. Sorry again Shane; and look man I really hope we will be chilled after this. You're a really cool guy."

"Yeah. I'll see you later. Bye Zac."

"Bye Shane."

The call ends and now I feel like the shittiest guy on the face of the Earth. In the space of a few hours I've managed to destroy two relationships. Even though one of them I didn't mind breaking. Either way, well done.

Somewhere deep down though, I'm hoping they don't get back together... Sarah isn't anywhere near wanting to be with me but at least it'd be easier if she's single.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can you guys believe what happened today. If Sabrina is still a bitch after that massive embarrassment, then I'll be shocked." Blake says laughing, but I hardly notice. My mind is focused on Zac's eyes at lunch today. I know he was talking to me, but I told him how I feel. There's nothing left for us.

"Yeah..." I say distantly.

I hear Carley and Blake carry on talking about today and then something about mint.

"Sarah? Sarah what are you getting?"

"Hmm." I tune back into focus and I see our slightly annoyed waiter looking at me, waiting for my order. "Oh yeah I'll get a cup of cocoa."