CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

"Okay so I know you may be confused as to why you are here" Mr Stewart's says irritably. I can't understand why though. I thought we settled the matter two days ago when Sabrina was suspended for three weeks.

We sit here in his office, with my lip still recovering in a blue-ish color and Sabrina silently sobbing. She must thing she's going to be suspended for longer. I wouldn't mind it.

"Sabrina I didn't give you an opportunity to explain why you actually assaulted Sarah on Monday. I asked one of the other teachers to deal with the situation and after hearing about what happened and now I want to deal with it myself. So please tell me what happened??"

"I... My.. It's my parents. They're getting divorced you see and when I saw Sarah, I just cracked... And punched her in the jaw. I'm really sorry sir"

I'm still confused as to what I did to get her parent divorced? I mean, I could maybe take some of the blame for my parents, but not for hers. Still I'm not going to get angry. Sabrina's gotten what she deserves.

"Sabrina I understand you are upset but that gives you no right to start attacking other students. You could have seriously hurt Sarah. You're lucky that you didn't damage anything or there would have worse consequences to deal with." Has he not seen my jaw??

"I'm sorry Mr. Stewart's. I promise." Sabrina sniffs.

"Now we all know I'm not the one you need to be apologizing to." He looks at me and then back at Sabrina, recognizing the confusion on her face. Dimwit, she honestly had no idea who else to apologize to. Well she didn't actually on Monday.

After the incident on Monday, I was taken to the nurse and started feeling dizzy again, so I went home early.

Sabrina's face turns from confusion to revulsion. Never in her wildest nightmare did Sabrina ever imagine apologizing to me.

She turns her body in her chair to look at me slowly and I can see she's resisting every urge not to jump out and start pummeling me again.

"I'm..." She stops and deeply inhales as if her next words are going to kill her internally (which it most probably will) "I'm truly sorry Sarah."

I look at her and can see that she's almost demanding me not to milk this. I should but being in this stuffy room, which by the way smells like old furniture polish and musky bathroom spray, I didn't want to be here longer than I needed to be.

"Yeah its okay. Don't worry." I say, trying to smile Like her denting my face was no big deal.

"Good. Now Sabrina your three week suspension will be taken away and this will not be discussed any longer. Please get back to class." Mr Stewart's says with glad sigh that this is over.

I'm sorry but what!! Sabrina gets up and starts walking to the door but I sit still in my chair. She full out punches me in the middle of the corridor for her parents getting a divorce. My lip started bleeding and after a day he's taking away her suspension!!!

"Sir, not to be rude or anything but I don't think Sabrina just apologizing to me makes up for her punching me for no reason. You heard what she said. I didn't do anything. And you're taking away her suspension!!" I stand up so quickly, I get a head rush.

"Ms. Campbell, there is nothing else that Sabrina needs to do. She has apologized like I had asked her to; and even though I don't need to explain anything to you, but I feel her suspension is unnecessary. Now please can you get back to your class before you miss -"

"ITS NOT MY FAULT HER PARENTS ARE GETTING DIVORCED. MY PARENTS ARE PLANNING TO DO THE SAME, BUT YOU DONT SEE ME ASSAULTING RANDOM STUDENTS IN THE CORRIDORS!!!" I yell before fully processing what I've just said.