CHAPTER EIGHT

Axel the Norwegian Forest Cat

I don't get off my bed for the remainder of the weekend.

Mom's sympathetic towards me, and just lets me wish the world away from under my fluffy pink comforter, bringing me frozen yoghurt, and letting me watch chick flicks on my laptop. Carley comes over and watches Letters to Juliet with Amanda Seyfried with me, but she can only tolerate so much of my whining "where's my Charlie?" "See, he would never play ACDC during a movie!" And she eventually manages to excuse herself politely.

On Sunday Morning, my mother decides to surprise me. Before I tell you about the surprise, let me tell you about my mom.

She is meticulously groomed. At all times.

She is always in heels.

She is a business woman.

She is always obsessed with hygiene.

She hates animals.

She hates cats.

She got me a cat. A 30 pound fully grown Norwegian Forest cat. A very fat, very fluffy fully grown male cat named Axel.

My mom, is awesome.

Axel 'talks' a lot, which is kinda annoying, but I'm not complaining. He's super friendly and lovable, and he's already won over the hearts of the entire family-including the staff. Maria, our house keeper keeps saying she's going to take him home to live with her and her daughter.

Having Axel around has helped me come to a realization: Cats are the cure to boy-related ailments. Seriously, it's really very easy to see why some people just give up and become crazy cat ladies. And the idea is kind of appealing to me at the moment. I am so not looking forward to tomorrow...

***

"Axel, heaven help you of you are ever the cause of some poor girl cats problems." I tell him sternly as I stare at my reflection Monday morning.

"Mew?" He cocks his head slightly to the left, and looks up at me with his bright green eyes.

"I know you've been castrated, boy, but just let me wallow in self-pity, Kay?"

"Mrrrrt" he gets up and rubs his head against my leg.

"Well, at least somebody loves me." Caleb hasn't tried to get hold of me all weekend, and Blake told me his flight left late last night. Asshole.

The next few weeks are absolute hell for me. Sabrina and her clones continue to make my life absolute hell, Zac keeps trying to talk to me, even after the whole "stay away from me" rant, which increases the number of humiliations a day I tend to suffer, and while Blake and Carley are amazing friends, it's not the same anymore, with them dating now, they keep wanting "couple time" which I can easily translate to "I'm going to shove my tongue down my boyfriend's throat now, so I'd appreciate it if you'd leave us the hell alone."

I just don't get it; senior year was supposed to be my year! Not the year I become the schools laughing stock, or the year I end up hating Zac. Which I totally do. Hate Zac, that is. September rolls around and the weather starts to take on an autumn chill. Sabrina starts her unposed campaign for Homecoming Queen, and Carley talks me into dress shopping. Ugh! I mean, yeah, I love shopping any other time, but this one time, just let me wallow in self pity. I don't have a date for the dance, and Carley's too wrapped up in 'Blake Land' to notice my mood.

"What do you think?" She asks, as she twirls around in a sleeveless crimson dress that reaches up to her knees in the front and to her ankles in the back.

"Cute." I say unenthusiastically.

"It is, but I'm not sure I like the different lengths, maybe I should try another..."

"Yeah"

She ends up choosing a deep turquoise and black gown that has a slit running up one side, and a lace up corset-style bodice.

"Now you!"

"What? Carls, I told you, I'm not going to the dance." I stare at her in horror.

"That's what you think." Have you ever just looked at someone, and known that there was no hope? You just can't win that particular argument? Like, they get this glint in their eyes, and you just know, that there is absolutely no way you will ever get your opinion across?

So yeah, I ended up with a sparkly pink off the shoulder gown that I was positive I would never wear. Ever.

---------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys!!!'

Sorry this chapter's kinda short, but we felt we got the point across.

So...can you guys feel a storm brewing? Because we think this is defiantly a "calm before the storm" kind of situation.

No spoilers!!!!!!!!

(Except for Spider-Man Rise of Electro-super sorry about that😉)

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW!!!!

LOVIES 😘😘😘

Xoxo Storm and Snow