CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The Three Musketeers

"He said WHAT?? Okay Sarah, I don't whether to be the super ecstatic bestie, because this kinda all you've wanted him to say or be the concerned good friend because of all the crap he's put you through." Hearing Carley she sounds more concerned than ecstatic. Since we had a chilled school week with no assignments, we decide to have a girls day out, starting with shopping at DownTown, one of the best clothing shops I've ever been to. It's like they've taken all types of style I love and turned them into a store.

"Yeah. I know. How do you think I feel? Am I supposed to run into his arms and tell him how long I've waited to hear him (or anyone, for that matter) say that or go home and start crying again, because I know that through everything he says, he still won't leave Sabrina. Which makes me even more hesitant because what if he's just playing me; and even if he breaks up with Sabrina and we start dating, what will stop him from bumping his friend into the next lonely nerd and taking her to the nurse's office right in front of me and- "

"Okay, calm down Ms. Over-exaggerator." Carley moves away from the jeans rack and places her hands on my shoulders. "Look I'm pretty sure Zac won't make the mistake of pushing Ryder into random people again; and you do know how amazing you are right? You shouldn't be worrying about this guy as much as you do. He's just not worth it. You can't expect to find someone who will truly like you if you're stuck obsessing over an ass. It's pointless."

Even though it sucks hearing this, Carley's right. The fact that Zac won't break up with Sabrina wipes away whatever cute meaningful, cheesy things he says. "I feel so stupid. Why did he have to be such a nice guy? Why couldn't he have been a jackass like the rest of the guys at school?" I say putting these giant sunglasses on.

"Wow those look really great on you." Carley steps back so I can see the mirror behind her. Hmm, she's right. They don't they look bad at all. They're nerdy frames with dark lenses. I'm pretty sure if I wasn't so distracted with the whole Zac situation then I wouldn't have even noticed these glasses. At least one good thing came from this.

We leave the shop with bags in our hands and head to the food court for smoothies and nachos (our tradition on shopping days like this).

"So what you up to this weekend?? My dad's taking me to this Bring you child to work convention thing.. Ugh not looking forward to wasting my time listening to my dad's friends brag about how great their kids are and then have my dad struggle to say on good thing about me." Carley and her dad have never actually been that close. It's not that he doesn't care, they are just so different in similar ways.

"I'm going to my Nana this weekend. I haven't seen her in a while, and we've wanted to, there's just no time lately." Nana has always been the one person in my life who I've looked up to. She and my Grandpa split up when I was only two years and she's been by herself ever since and the fact that we live so far away from her, doesn't help that much either. When I was younger and my parents actually had a life outside of work, she would baby sit Daniella and I. We would bake the best chocolate chip cookies and sit around by her fireplace playing charades and listening to her old Elvis records. No matter how old I get and no matter how many things in my life suck, I always get swivels of excitement when going to my Nana's place.

***

The four hour drive seems like an eternity even with One Direction on full blast in my ears. Mom and dad have been discussing the new line of Sound Systems they want to bring into the store and Daniella took time away from Kurt/Kyle just to come with us, but is texting him at lightning speed (she won't admit it but she's just as excited as I am to see Nana again.)

We finally reach her Victorian Styled house and all the good memories come back. For one weekend, I can just been myself and not be judged by others for it. Goodbye Zac, hello Superman comics. I keep them by my gran because I'm too scared that someday somehow have this massive house party and Sabrina will find them and use them against me.