CHAPTER NINETEEN

True happiness

"Okay, I'll speak to you later. My phone's about to die. We can discuss the final details later."

"Alright, chat later tonight Skittles."

I laugh through the phone. "Haha, what makes you so sure about that?"

"Oh trust me, I know you won't be able to resist, picking up your phone just to talk to me"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night. Bye Zac."

"Bye Skittles."

I put down the phone and flop onto my bed. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since we've started this whole thing; and by whole thing, I mean the assignment. I'm just a bit sad that once it's done Zac and I won't have an excuse to be around each other. Not even Sabrina has threatened to kill me for spending too much time with her boyfriend.

The school has today off. Some idiots yesterday were using the science lab to do some crazy experiment after school and started a fire. It spread through 3 other classrooms. They were okay luckily, but we have the rest of the week off. So I think I'm gonna take today just to relax by myself and the park. I miss just sitting and reading alone. The weather's perfect so why not? With the fall breeze blowing softly, I don't think I'll get an opportunity like this again, before winter hits. I think I'll leave my cell at home today though. I don't really need it, I'll only be 10 min away from home.

I get in the shower and take my time. I put on a pair of grey denim jeans and a cute purple top with my Black Converse sneakers. Hair:I leave down and not much make up at all, just a touch of mascara and lip gloss. Grabbing a small bag and my iPod,I go downstairs and get an apple, bottle of water and just enough money if I get hungry.

"Hey Dani!" I scream through the house

"Yeah?!" She screams back

"I'm going out to the park for the day. I don't have my phone with me k?"

"Okay, bye!"

I run out and take a slow stroll towards the park, enjoying the sunshine and put on my headphones from my iPod and just let One Direction play. I really don't get to do this often enough. I grab the apple out of my bag and take a huge bite from it's juicy filling. Yum!

Now if I could do this once a week, I think my life would be total bliss; and yeah I know, we have a whole back yard I can sit in, but it's just not the same. Taking a walk by yourself, music in your ears making you feel like you're in your own music video (because come on, who doesn't get that feeling)

When I get to the park, I find that it's pretty full. Hmm, I never knew other people got a break from our school burning down. Jokes!!

Anyway, looking around I find the perfect bench, under a large oak tree, who's brown leaves slowly fall to the ground. It's actually quite beautiful.

I sit down and take one last look at the scenery around me before getting completely lost in my book.

It's a weird fantasy book about these girls who get superpowers and meet these guys about their age who have the exact same powers and are trying to protect them, with this evil guy who is out to try and use these girls to take over the world, or something Ike that. I've only just started reading, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

"Infected? What was infected? Oh crap. She was the reason he was here. Someone had found them and..."

"Sarah? Sarah Campbell? " A strange voice calls. I don't know who this person is but they'd better have a good reason for taking me out of my book.